Author Topic: What do you hate most about your mark 2?  (Read 18067 times)

Offline Mr Blue

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,133
Re: What do you hate most about your mark 2?
« Reply #50 on: 22 September 2010, 00:07 »
If it rains heavy bough it drips on my head

Time for a new sunroof seal...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360281095893

I would buy genuine oem. These are similar but not the best quality as i found out the hard/expensive way.
:)

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: What do you hate most about your mark 2?
« Reply #51 on: 22 September 2010, 00:11 »
They quote it as from the OEM supplier...

So you are saying it's not?

If it rains heavy bough it drips on my head

Time for a new sunroof seal...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360281095893

I would buy genuine oem. These are similar but not the best quality as i found out the hard/expensive way.

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: What do you hate most about your mark 2?
« Reply #52 on: 22 September 2010, 08:28 »
The way its so cool that it makes people faint, pretty annoying when driving down the high street in my town.


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline jezza16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 981
Re: What do you hate most about your mark 2?
« Reply #53 on: 22 September 2010, 09:02 »
Some parts are no longer available new anywhere now it seems. (e.g. steering UJ gaiter)

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: What do you hate most about your mark 2?
« Reply #54 on: 22 September 2010, 09:59 »
scene tax on big bumper sill covers... or most things for that matter.

The way its so cool that it makes people faint, pretty annoying when driving down the high street in my town.

lol try driving an orange one!


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline theclash

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 331
Re: What do you hate most about your mark 2?
« Reply #55 on: 22 September 2010, 13:39 »
mines totaly reliable has to be its my daily driver, done all the niggly jobs and she flew through the mot  :smiley:
i wish the lambretta was as good! had the engine in bits 4 times now and its not done 100 miles yet since i first built it  :laugh:

Offline Mr Blue

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,133
Re: What do you hate most about your mark 2?
« Reply #56 on: 22 September 2010, 20:25 »
They quote it as from the OEM supplier...

So you are saying it's not?


I compaired both and the one listed did not seat properly. The material peeled away in the corners and it was only a few weeks.
:)