Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112104 times)

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #700 on: 19 March 2010, 21:21 »
Snoops blag a day off work, catch the train, pick car up and enjoy the drive home,
Work will still be there tomorrow its just another day  :wink:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #701 on: 19 March 2010, 22:10 »
I thought about that its just the hassle. Delivery is the easy option (and cheaper) and i won't be tired inspecting it :wink: also meens it won't have 240 miles of road salt on it before i can protect it. I like the idea of it been delivered (by transporter) its just i think for the hassle i have had in the last 7 months i should not have to pay extra for it. Its how to approch this issue with vwcs and the dealer?
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
« Reply #702 on: 19 March 2010, 22:15 »
I thought about that its just the hassle. Delivery is the easy option (and cheaper) and i won't be tired inspecting it :wink: also meens it won't have 240 miles of road salt on it before i can protect it. I like the idea of it been delivered (by transporter) its just i think for the hassle i have had in the last 7 months i should not have to pay extra for it. Its how to approch this issue with vwcs and the dealer?

Hassle, Tired, Delivery, Snoops you sound lazy to me  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Only kidding  :wink:
Loving the 7R

Offline daviescotland

• Here all the time
« Reply #703 on: 19 March 2010, 23:19 »

Thank god your cars here now mate. I look forward to seeing the pics.....
MK6 GTI, 3 door, candy white, 18" monza shadow, Xenons, RCD 510 w "dynaudio", sunroof, rear view camera, cruise control & free servicing.
Ordered 28/10/2009. BW07 confirmed. production complete 10/02/2010. Arrived at dealers 17/02/2010. Driving on a 10 plate 01/03/2010.

Offline yamz89

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #704 on: 20 March 2010, 08:05 »
Going to pick up the GTi today and turn in the vectra that we've had from new for 12 years in for the scrapage deal. Out with the old, in with the new and all that!

Wish us luck, and you can now take us off that waiting list ha  :laugh:

71' Beetle in Marina Blue
05' Octavia vRS
10' Golf GTi

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
« Reply #705 on: 20 March 2010, 08:09 »
Going to pick up the GTi today and turn in the vectra that we've had from new for 12 years in for the scrapage deal. Out with the old, in with the new and all that!

Good luck today and enjoy, well worth the wait  :cool:

You know we req pics asap  :grin:
Loving the 7R

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
« Reply #706 on: 20 March 2010, 08:13 »
I had a mercedes clk delivered by transporter, complete with stone chips on the rear end from the journey (car was reveresed onto the trailer). No way would I take delivery if a car in this way again - the car is still dirty on arrival, you can't inspect it properly and if there are any issues you and the car are 240 miles from the dealer, and you're delivery man if off to collect the next load.

The dealer will collect you from nearest train station, you can inspect car before payment and then enjoy the drive home. You can then slate the dealer in the customer telephone survey.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #707 on: 20 March 2010, 10:43 »

Nice one , good luck. :smiley:

That only lease

Mc_pherson, JJH and myself. :undecided:

Were getting there :smiley:
« Last Edit: 20 March 2010, 10:49 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #708 on: 20 March 2010, 11:20 »
240 mile trip there and then 240miles back, getting time off work, arranging for someone to go with me etc is the problem. I also wonder if i really want to meet them.

Snoopy:

Had the same concerns as you about car collection and delivery. Simply don't have the time or energy.

As mine is coming from Telford to London the distance is much less than for you: £147.9 miles.
The dealer wanted to charge me £250 for a transporter delivery which I thought was excessive.
I opted for driver delivery to my home in London which is free. Car will be driven by an ex-policeman!

I will inspect the car very carefully and if I find faults, it will go back to Telford and I will probably cancel the order! Hope it is not raining on the delivery day. So far the dealer has been pretty good.

Glad to also hear you are getting your car soon.

Roll on 12 noon Monday 22nd March.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #709 on: 20 March 2010, 11:23 »
^ Thats why i think she got the quote/post code wrong when she quoted me :wink:
And if she used multimap to work it out it gets my location wrong using the postcode so less than half the miles  :grin: probably because its only a 6 digit code.
« Last Edit: 20 March 2010, 11:49 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI