Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112349 times)

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #720 on: 20 March 2010, 20:55 »
Niiice  :wink: 3 door, xenons, Monzas, sunroof

the must options for me  :tongue:

is that a black rocco R in the background ?
« Last Edit: 20 March 2010, 20:56 by Neil gti »
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline yamz89

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #721 on: 20 March 2010, 21:05 »
Sure is!

The boss there was having his black 5dr Golf R valeted in the back, looked lovely.

Its also got the manual box, rear view cam, RCD 510 with dynaudio, flat tyre indicator, tartan cloth interior, luxury pack, mud flaps and of course, a Tracker  :wink:

71' Beetle in Marina Blue
05' Octavia vRS
10' Golf GTi

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #722 on: 20 March 2010, 21:07 »
Mine is black and I love it, but that is reeeally nice. :smiley:
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline yamz89

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #723 on: 20 March 2010, 21:13 »
I think my fave MK6 colours are Black, Red and White to be honest. Its got Bridgestones on it too which we're impressed with..

Also, from me being used to the mk2's, seeing the size of the brakes on these things are huge!! You buggers got 310mm, ON THE BACK?!  Us mk2 lads think 280mm (G60 upgrade) are huge on the front  :undecided:

I'm 21 next week.. 25 can't come quick enough so i can have a chance affording one of these bad boys!

Yamz

71' Beetle in Marina Blue
05' Octavia vRS
10' Golf GTi

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #724 on: 20 March 2010, 21:14 »
is that a black rocco R in the background ?
Its sad i actually spotted that first  :embarassed:

Nice car, just remember the mk2 is a lot lighter (~400Kg) so it does not need as big brakes to stop. :wink:
« Last Edit: 20 March 2010, 21:15 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #725 on: 21 March 2010, 12:15 »
http://www.insurewithvolkswagen.co.uk/Seven-Day-Insurance.asp?

Make sure you tell them you only want the 7 days free insurance. Otherwise they go through the whole insurance caboodle with you.

I made use of this service and the lady whom I spoke to was very friendly and professional. She didn't try the hard sell when I said I was only after the complimentary service. Apart from the usual details she wanted to know the dealer branch number so she could email the branch directly with the cover note which she did whilst I was on the phone- very good service and much better than the funs and games I had with More Than when I got the car insured through them !

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #726 on: 21 March 2010, 12:19 »
^ Thanks. Im going to try and phone tomorrow my dealer to try and get the number off them as i thought it might have been on the invoice but i cannot see it there.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #727 on: 21 March 2010, 12:31 »
^ Thanks. Im going to try and phone tomorrow my dealer to try and get the number off them as i thought it might have been on the invoice but i cannot see it there.

I didn't know the dealer number either mate. When Wayside phoned me up with the reg no, they told me what the dealer number was then. How's it going regarding compensation btw ?

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #728 on: 21 March 2010, 12:43 »

Geoff,
dont forget to ring your insurance Co during the 7 days free cover to swap your current car over and give them the start date you want it to run from,

I took the 7day cover on my Vw transporter 10days later got stopped speeding result was 3 points speeding 3points no insurance £180 fine  :angry: :angry:
(forgot to swap insurance over :undecided:)
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #729 on: 21 March 2010, 12:49 »

Geoff,
dont forget to ring your insurance Co during the 7 days free cover to swap your current car over and give them the start date you want it to run from,

I took the 7day cover on my Vw transporter 10days later got stopped speeding result was 3 points speeding 3points no insurance £180 fine  :angry: :angry:
(forgot to swap insurance over :undecided:)
[/quote

Considering the fund and games I had, I made sure the cover on my current car didn't expire for a couple of days after I was due to pick the golf up just incase there were any delays. If all's ok then you can get the car moved over to your insurance provider.