Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112317 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #730 on: 21 March 2010, 14:44 »
Geoff,
dont forget to ring your insurance Co during the 7 days free cover to swap your current car over and give them the start date you want it to run from,

I took the 7day cover on my Vw transporter 10days later got stopped speeding result was 3 points speeding 3points no insurance £180 fine  :angry: :angry:
(forgot to swap insurance over :undecided:)
I made a mistake once with insurance and got 6 points for aiding and abetting non insurance. (was told 6-9 points was the range back then, guess its been changed since) So i won't make an insurance mistake again.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #731 on: 21 March 2010, 16:41 »
Well my insurance company swift cover are about as much use as a wet blanket!

Can you take out new insurance (with another company) while still having another policy running at a different company? (It ends 6th may)
As i want to keep the old car insured until i sell it.
I think i know the answer :sad:
« Last Edit: 21 March 2010, 16:50 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline James Gould

• I live here
« Reply #732 on: 21 March 2010, 16:53 »
Do you mean that you want to keep your current car insured with the current insurance company but want the new car insured with a different company? That's obviously ok.
Your hopes for this week, Snoops???

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
« Reply #733 on: 21 March 2010, 17:54 »
Most, if not all ,insurance companies will cover 2 cars for a 14 day period to allow a changeover/sale of old car.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #734 on: 21 March 2010, 18:46 »
Do you mean that you want to keep your current car insured with the current insurance company but want the new car insured with a different company? That's obviously ok.
Your hopes for this week, Snoops???
yes.

As they seem unhelpful and i only have till may with them i may cancel and just get admiral multicar multicar out. :grin: As i have a bit of work to do to the old car before i sell it anyway.
The extra cost from the cheapest out there is ~£160 more for both cars through admiral with the second one limited to 1000miles. There single car policy is actually £80 more for the golf than it is on there multicar policy :shocked:
I did not realise how much insurance has gone up in the past few months :shocked:
« Last Edit: 21 March 2010, 18:54 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #735 on: 21 March 2010, 19:58 »

Can you take out new insurance (with another company) while still having another policy running at a different company? (It ends 6th may)
As i want to keep the old car insured until i sell it.
I think i know the answer :sad:

You can but you can't have your NCD on a second car if you are already using it on your previous car. Probab best to have both cars with same company so you can swap your NCD to new car once you get rid of the old one.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #736 on: 21 March 2010, 21:03 »
Admiral seemed to let me on there multicar policy quote on the internet(its done as one quote) as i was listed as main driver on both i guess i better check with them on the phone. Its a bit daft really as its not like i could drive both at once.
« Last Edit: 21 March 2010, 21:27 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #737 on: 21 March 2010, 21:24 »
Your NCD can only be on one car at any one time. Its easy to use it on several cars without the companies being fully aware!!!
Some companies might give you a decent introductory offer though taking your previous NCD into account.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #738 on: 21 March 2010, 21:28 »
Thats what i thought still think its bloody stupid as the NCD should be on ME not the car.
So how do people go about insuring more than one car at a time then?
I know theres some rich people in here with more than one car.
I know how you do classic cars as i have that but what about normal cars.
Its not going to be easy to sell or do work on my old car it if its not insured. As cannot take it anywere, let people test drive it etc etc,
« Last Edit: 21 March 2010, 21:31 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #739 on: 21 March 2010, 21:39 »
I agree with you, although I suppose it is with you in a sense.
Like I said, some companies will recognise your NCD on another car and give you a good discount i.e. start you on 3 years no claims or such like. Direct Line used to be good for this.

If you could use your NCD on another car then it would have been easy for me to get my 17 year old daughter insured as a named driver on her own car. Instead I was just as cheap making her the owner with her own insurance and me as a named driver and starting from scratch!!