Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 111640 times)

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #440 on: 26 February 2010, 23:45 »
Yeah we live , we learn, not to trust the lead times that VW give,,,,
I'm seriously thinking, out of respect for myself, that I should drive the £700 per month Golf VW  loan car until May, wait until my car is ready and tell em 'thanks but no thanks' and cancel the deal........
Problem is, the GTD is the best car for my circumstances and I want it NOW
As I've said previously, if I place an order for a replacement in 2013 I'll order it a good six months early and let them sit on it, I will have vengance somehow....believe..
« Last Edit: 27 February 2010, 00:13 by JJH »
GTD White 5dr, ACC, Sunroof, winter pack, in transit.......

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #441 on: 27 February 2010, 09:14 »
I still think you should get onto VW customer service and let them know whats happened. Write them a letter is the best way :wink: that way you get a dedicated case handler, I would expect they would then place your car on a priority order due to the length of time you have waited.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #442 on: 27 February 2010, 11:50 »
I still think you should get onto VW customer service and let them know whats happened. Write them a letter is the best way :wink: that way you get a dedicated case handler, I would expect they would then place your car on a priority order due to the length of time you have waited.

for whats it is worth my car is now on that list. I think the fact I would consider cancelling at the last moment concerned them. They agreed I would be within my rights even though I have a free loan car.....I'm just gonna put it out of my mind...
GTD White 5dr, ACC, Sunroof, winter pack, in transit.......

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #443 on: 27 February 2010, 17:03 »
I hate waiting, now if i did not know mine was very near i think i would go for one of these :evil:

Im not normally a scirocco fan but the R just has something. :nerd:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline Awry

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #444 on: 27 February 2010, 17:33 »
I hate waiting, now if i did not know mine was very near i think i would go for one of these :evil:

Aha, the blue bits stuck on the front :P
Reflex Silver MK6 GTI 3-door DSG, DCC, Sunroof, 18" Detroit, Xenons, LED tail lights, RCD 510, Dynaudio, Media-in, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Winter Pack.

Added Milltek 3" Race exhaust and H&R suspension.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #445 on: 27 February 2010, 17:45 »
Aha, the blue bits stuck on the front :P

No, the blue bits are colour coded protection for the bumpers to protect them when the brakes can't cope with the excessive engine power. :rolleyes: :laugh:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #446 on: 27 February 2010, 18:01 »
The dealer confirmed my car is still awaiting to be shipped- he said he'll get back to me on Monday. Bearing in mind my insurance runs out on 7th March and my p/x is due its first MOT on the same day, it's not looking promising I'll be picking up my new motor before they both run out, is it ?  :angry:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #447 on: 27 February 2010, 19:26 »
Looks like the person from VWuk who told me ages ago that mine would be 2nd or 3rd week of march for collection was actually spot on.  :sad:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #448 on: 28 February 2010, 15:24 »
Looks like the person from VWuk who told me ages ago that mine would be 2nd or 3rd week of march for collection was actually spot on.  :sad:

Shame he doesn't work at the dealership I dealt with so I'd have know what was really going on !

Btw, Snoopy, seeing as you seem to know all things VW, when the cars are waiting at the dock to be shipped over, are they covered in any protective wax or anything? I presume batteries etc aren't connected either until they're over here? It's a dangerous thing having all ths time to wait for our cars.. it gives me time to think of random questions  :grin:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #449 on: 28 February 2010, 15:45 »
They are covered in a protective wax that the dealer cleans off and bits of foam stuck on here and there for protection. Depending were they are going they are also in a white pajama suit :grin: that unzips, I thought i had a photo of the suit but seems not.

« Last Edit: 28 February 2010, 15:46 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI