Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112328 times)

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #450 on: 28 February 2010, 15:47 »
They are covered in a protective wax that the dealer cleans off and bits of foam stuck on here and there for protection. Depending were they are going they are also in a white pajama suit :grin: that unzips, I thought i had a photo of the suit but seems not.

Thanks mate- I knew you'd have the answer ! :smiley:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #451 on: 28 February 2010, 15:56 »
A few of the photos in the shadowblue threat show some of whats on the cars pre PDI. Like tape on the B pillars, foam bits on the doors and bumpers, no wheel centre badges or nut covers etc.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #452 on: 28 February 2010, 16:41 »
A quick vid of a GTI in it's pyjamas! :grin: (that made me chuckle!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qimqviK14HM&feature=related
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #453 on: 28 February 2010, 16:54 »
Thanks, thats why i could not find the photo i thought i had as it was a video  :grin:
They do look a bit scary  :evil:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlITIr_WgwI&NR=1
« Last Edit: 28 February 2010, 16:58 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #454 on: 28 February 2010, 17:36 »
^looks like they are all sleeping! Ahh bless em!
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #455 on: 28 February 2010, 17:46 »
Thanks, thats why i could not find the photo i thought i had as it was a video  :grin:
They do look a bit scary  :evil:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlITIr_WgwI&NR=1

I would like one of them cover's for mine tommrow when i pick it up!! It think they look good?  :cool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #456 on: 01 March 2010, 19:06 »
Those covers are a bit spooky...

Had an update today. Apparently there are 15 shipments due to land on our shores this week and the dealer says he's got mine selected as a priority order now. Not sure if that's just he's way of trying to soften me up but that's what he said anyhow.

I expressed my concern that the MOT needs to be done on my current car by Sunday but he told me not to get that sorted yet and he'll update me on Wednesday. This is getting too close to the wire for my liking though...  :undecided:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #457 on: 01 March 2010, 19:14 »
Good luck H12 i think you may need it. :sad: I guess they can lend you a car for any short period is the dealers thoughts.
The pajamas looks like a clue clucks clan convension!
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #458 on: 01 March 2010, 19:16 »

Had an update today. Apparently there are 15 shipments due to land on our shores this week and the dealer says he's got mine selected as a priority order now. Not sure if that's just he's way of trying to soften me up but that's what he said anyhow.

I'm sure Lee who posts on here explained the "Priority order" just the other day that if a car has been sitting for x amount days at the port it can basically be hurried along!!

Yip this very thread  :laugh: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=135785.msg1331108#msg1331108
« Last Edit: 01 March 2010, 19:19 by p3asa »
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #459 on: 01 March 2010, 19:22 »

I'm sure Lee who posts on here explained the "Priority order" just the other day that if a car has been sitting for x amount days at the port it can basically be hurried along!!
We'll see but I have to agree with Snoopy tbh if the last 6.5 months are anything to go by.. They won't even offer me a hire car as they said they'll MOT the p/x car for me. Knowing my luck if that happens, it'll fail and then there'd be a VERY interesting conversation as to who will pay the costs...