Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112326 times)

Offline ScottieC

• Not said much yet
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #420 on: 25 February 2010, 09:10 »
Well I just spoke to Gemma at VWCS, my car arrived at Emden on the 18th Feb (last Thursday) - and its awaiting shipment.  She said it will be up to two weeks for it to arrive at my dealer.

My car has been there since 18th Feb as well.. I contacted the dealer today only to be told the saleman's on leave and the only other person who could give me an update was on leave until tomorrow. Have to admit I struggle with the concept that only 2 people in the entire dealership can help me but there you go... If this is a sign of things to come with VW when it comes to servicing etc, I'm not exactly filled with joy...  :sad:

Hi, same for me.  The car has been there since the 18th Feb and still waiting for it to be shipped........

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #421 on: 25 February 2010, 19:08 »
Well I just spoke to Gemma at VWCS, my car arrived at Emden on the 18th Feb (last Thursday) - and its awaiting shipment.  She said it will be up to two weeks for it to arrive at my dealer.

My car has been there since 18th Feb as well.. I contacted the dealer today only to be told the saleman's on leave and the only other person who could give me an update was on leave until tomorrow. Have to admit I struggle with the concept that only 2 people in the entire dealership can help me but there you go... If this is a sign of things to come with VW when it comes to servicing etc, I'm not exactly filled with joy...  :sad:

Hi, same for me.  The car has been there since the 18th Feb and still waiting for it to be shipped........

Hey Scotty. I rang the dealer again today and the girl I spoke to said it seemed very odd that my car was still awaiting to be shipped- she expected the status to have moved by now. She said she'd contact VW and get back to me tomorrow... Not expecting she'll be able to tell me much if she does get back to me judging by the comments you guys are also saying..

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #422 on: 25 February 2010, 19:38 »
Theyre probably just waiting for enough UK bound orders to fill ships.  I saw a program once that showed how cars get to the UK on ships, and the ships are huge things, like cross channel ferrys, but about 4 times the size.

Well i'm off to the Alps tomorrow night for 9 days on my snowboard.  When I get back, it better have bl00dy well shipped and be waiting for me.

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Re: AUGUST orders list & threa
« Reply #423 on: 25 February 2010, 20:09 »
BW8: my little darling will have been built by now.
BW9 & BW10: at the docks.
BW11: at the dealership and PDI.
BW12: for delivery to me, if all goes to plan!
That is week beginning 22nd March.
Pigs might fly! :rolleyes:

RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Casabian

• Not said much yet
« Reply #424 on: 25 February 2010, 20:39 »
I had word today that mine should arrive in the country tomorrow or the next day. Was told I could pick it up on the 3rd of March prior to his phone call but I find this abit unlikely, especially when the car is to be transported to the Scottish Highlands then paper wok and whatever else to be done to get me on the road. What do you guys think?? Is the 3rd realistic??
3 Door Carbon Gey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS 510 with Dynaudio, Leather and Xenons. Waiting since August 18th....... Took delivery on the 9th of March. Yippee

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #425 on: 25 February 2010, 20:43 »
I live in Central London.
My car will be coming from Shropshire!
How mad is that?
Fabulous deal, that's why! :smiley:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #426 on: 25 February 2010, 22:26 »
I had word today that mine should arrive in the country tomorrow or the next day. Was told I could pick it up on the 3rd of March prior to his phone call but I find this a bit unlikely, especially when the car is to be transported to the Scottish Highlands then paper wok and whatever else to be done to get me on the road. What do you guys think?? Is the 3rd realistic??

Seems reasonable to me if it arrives in the country tomorrow.
As soon as it hits the UK the paperwork can be done by the dealer i.e. reg number etc.
PDI in a few hours "if" they aren't pushed, however I would have thought being new reg time they might have been a bit busy.
Then insurance to get your tax disc but they can do that with the 7 day free insurance VW offer as proof can be emailed to the dealer rather than you waiting for a cover note to be posted to your house and then get it up to the dealer.
I suppose it really depends on the transportation up to yourself.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #427 on: 25 February 2010, 22:47 »
Just so everyone knows cars can now be awaiting ship for upto 15 working days if it is not on ship within those days at that point VW customer services push priority and then it will go on the next available ship. I had a golf for a customer of mine go on ship 23rd and its estimated delivery to us the dealer is the 2nd so roughly a week from going on ship your dealer should have it aslong as your dealer does it properly and knows when its coming you should have it turned round in maximum 2/3 days.

Lee Evans
Cheltenham VW
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Casabian

• Not said much yet
« Reply #428 on: 26 February 2010, 00:03 »
Cheers guys.

I have already organised the insurance p3asa and the dealer has the cover note. I was able to do this because I will be using my private plate (which of course I already know) so thats one hold up I don't need to worry about.

Fingers crossed then because I've book some time off work for the pick up and a little road trip.

I must be one of the longest August orders waiters surely?!?!?!?!
3 Door Carbon Gey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS 510 with Dynaudio, Leather and Xenons. Waiting since August 18th....... Took delivery on the 9th of March. Yippee

Offline RickS

• I live here
« Reply #429 on: 26 February 2010, 09:08 »
Cheers guys.

I have already organised the insurance p3asa and the dealer has the cover note. I was able to do this because I will be using my private plate (which of course I already know) so thats one hold up I don't need to worry about.

Fingers crossed then because I've book some time off work for the pick up and a little road trip.

I must be one of the longest August orders waiters surely?!?!?!?!

Yes you are, I ordered mine on 29th, but it was built week 6 and has been at the dock for over a fortnight! Dealer says it should ship over this weekend, if not it will be put on priority. So I won't be getting it until at least 10th March [Dealer estimates 9 days from day of shipping to me being able to take delivery] So by the time I get mine I will have waited as long as you have - very frustrating.
2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.