Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 111648 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #370 on: 13 February 2010, 16:54 »
Known my luck due to my new job position in a new department at work i will end up getting sent on buisness for a couple of weeks to Dubai, Singapore or Indonesia when the cars due to be collected :grin:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #371 on: 13 February 2010, 17:02 »
Known my luck due to my new job position in a new department at work i will end up getting sent on buisness for a couple of weeks to Dubai, Singapore or Indonesia when the cars due to be collected :grin:

I could be in Dublin- great place and all that-  but I may have an urgent appointment I can't get out of if I get a phone call from Wayside  :evil:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #372 on: 13 February 2010, 17:53 »
Come on now you meen mk8 at this rate  :wink:

Any of you guys look into or ask about delivery charges for been delivered by transporter if you bought from a dealer many miles from your home location?

Probably end up with a Mk69!!!! :evil: :laugh:
Could be fun! :laugh:
« Last Edit: 13 February 2010, 18:04 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #373 on: 13 February 2010, 21:54 »

Just realised, I am going to a conference in Denmark the week in March when the car is supposed to be delivered! :cry:
Trust my luck! :cry:
« Last Edit: 13 February 2010, 21:56 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #374 on: 15 February 2010, 19:12 »
Had a call today saying the car's now been built and is waiting to be shipped to the UK. I've been told to expect a call in the next few days so I can pop in to see them.. happy days  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #375 on: 15 February 2010, 19:32 »
good for you H12. I ordered a couple weeks after you and its good to hear things are finally happening.
GTD White 5dr, ACC, Sunroof, winter pack, in transit.......

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #376 on: 15 February 2010, 21:35 »
Nice one. :smiley: I guess silver is the faster colour.            :grin: (to be built)
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
« Reply #377 on: 16 February 2010, 09:35 »
Had a call today saying the car's now been built and is waiting to be shipped to the UK. I've been told to expect a call in the next few days so I can pop in to see them.. happy days  :grin: :grin: :grin:

during the last bout of snow, it took 3 weks to get cars from the docks at Emden through to UK dealers - hope conditions are a bit more favourable.

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
« Reply #378 on: 16 February 2010, 09:37 »
Any of you guys look into or ask about delivery charges for been delivered by transporter if you bought from a dealer many miles from your home location?

depends which broker you are buying through - carfile always give you the option of collect from dealer or delivery to home/work address for no charge. The only time i did buy through the i elected to collect the car, so not sure whether the supplying dealership would drive the car to you or use a low loader.

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #379 on: 16 February 2010, 19:13 »
good for you H12. I ordered a couple weeks after you and its good to hear things are finally happening.

Thanks, mate. It looks like VW are starting to catch up as my car was built a bit earlier than expected so fingers crossed yours will be started soon