Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112340 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #350 on: 11 February 2010, 18:26 »
Insurance
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/compare-cheap-car-insurance

Has some good tips.

Think I'm up there with longest August waiter guys. I ordered the GTI on the 18th of August and the dealer put the order through on the 25th of August. Been given a pick up date of the 3rd of March. I request that everyone crosses there fingers in the hope this date sticks....... The bloody car better be worth the wait.
I don't think thats much worse than alot of others and slightly less than mine.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #351 on: 11 February 2010, 19:15 »
Maybe they need a new demo car until March :evil:

If the car's covered a few thousand miles and half the body kit is hanging off by the time I get it, I'll know you've made a phone call to Hertfordshire to put a bad idea in the dealer's head...  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #352 on: 11 February 2010, 19:18 »
Until they change that fatherless son advert with that fat twit siging I will never visit that website never mind get insurance through it no matter how cheap it is.

Hehe - Gocompare dont insure you, theyre just a price comparison site.  Thankfully, that fat twit doesnt jump out of your browser window and annoy you.

That's been voted the most annoying advert on tv hasn't it? Still, it's worked as we're talking about it I guess..

Best insurance quote I've come across so far for me is £480 from More Than...

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #353 on: 11 February 2010, 21:04 »
Until they change that fatherless son advert with that fat twit siging I will never visit that website never mind get insurance through it no matter how cheap it is.

Hehe - Gocompare dont insure you, theyre just a price comparison site.  Thankfully, that fat twit doesnt jump out of your browser window and annoy you.

That's been voted the most annoying advert on tv hasn't it? Still, it's worked as we're talking about it I guess..

Best insurance quote I've come across so far for me is £480 from More Than...

Yes we are, but are we using it ? Well I sure aint.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #354 on: 12 February 2010, 11:38 »
If the car's covered a few thousand miles and half the body kit is hanging off by the time I get it, I'll know you've made a phone call to Hertfordshire to put a bad idea in the dealer's head...  :laugh: :laugh:
With that dealer group i don't think i have to make the call :wink:
I find the swift cover one worse.

A question for Kev and the others who now have there GTI,
What are you suppose to get with them now?

Do you get the free bottle of top up oil in the pouch in the boot still?

Do you still get the leather bound manual case?

The Iplop and USB leads, bottle opener anything else to check for?

« Last Edit: 12 February 2010, 11:42 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #355 on: 12 February 2010, 12:58 »
just had a chat with VW HO, am being told wk14, in my hands 2nd week April.
Not comfirmed though.....I dont think I could do this again,,,,,,,,

ordered 29th August !!!!!!

That's blo0dy outrageous mate!  Dealer allocation troubles?  Did your dealer actually order it on the VW system on the 29th Aug?

I thought that I was going to be longest August waiter, but it seems that you mightve just clinched it by a couple of weeks.
 :lipsrsealed:

Yeah, I know the dealer and sat with him while we processed the order, I even jotted down the 503xxx number that I used when I contacted HO. No doubt, the car was ordered on the system on the 29th Aug. As for compo, I have free mk6 Golf loan car (£800 pm) , and on top of the £400 cash back discount, full tank and free phone fitting (now changed) agreed on order, I am told I will be getting a few hundred in straight compensation for the hassle. I just miss the power of a proper car. The 1.4S Golf I have is sooo sllooww. I aint used to not being in a qucik car......I dont like it, one bit.

As the saying goes, All good things come to those who wait.
GTD White 5dr, ACC, Sunroof, winter pack, in transit.......

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #356 on: 12 February 2010, 13:04 »
With that dealer group i don't think i have to make the call :wink:

Do you still get the leather bound manual case?

The Iplop and USB leads, bottle opener anything else to check for?

Hey snoop. Definately the leather bound case, ipod/usb, bottle opener etc are there. I cant be sure of the oil, until the missies fekin clears her horse riding sh!t out the boot.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
« Reply #357 on: 12 February 2010, 14:59 »

just make sure you declared all those factory optional extras - some insurance companies now classify them as modifications, others not provided the are on the invoice/order sheet.

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
« Reply #358 on: 12 February 2010, 15:03 »

Seems to depend on the dealer and not the car spec necessarily - some GTI owners didn't get spare oil, some 122bhpTSI owners did.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #359 on: 12 February 2010, 16:06 »
SilverChariot's link i think really applies to us. :cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz64hWng2vM
Maybe VW will use it in the next golf advert. :tongue:
« Last Edit: 12 February 2010, 16:08 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI