Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112066 times)

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #340 on: 11 February 2010, 10:04 »
just had a chat with VW HO, am being told wk14, in my hands 2nd week April.
Not comfirmed though.....I dont think I could do this again,,,,,,,,

ordered 29th August !!!!!!

That's blo0dy outrageous mate!  Dealer allocation troubles?  Did your dealer actually order it on the VW system on the 29th Aug?

I thought that I was going to be longest August waiter, but it seems that you mightve just clinched it by a couple of weeks.
 :lipsrsealed:

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #341 on: 11 February 2010, 10:13 »
just had a chat with VW HO, am being told wk14, in my hands 2nd week April.
Not comfirmed though.....I dont think I could do this again,,,,,,,,

ordered 29th August !!!!!!

That's blo0dy outrageous mate!  Dealer allocation troubles?  Did your dealer actually order it on the VW system on the 29th Aug?

I thought that I was going to be longest August waiter, but it seems that you mightve just clinched it by a couple of weeks.

That's actually a very good question, and one I'd be asking and one I'd be requesting proof of.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Casabian

• Not said much yet
« Reply #342 on: 11 February 2010, 11:34 »

[/quote]

Think I'm up there with longest August waiter guys. I ordered the GTI on the 18th of August and the dealer put the order through on the 25th of August. Been given a pick up date of the 3rd of March. I request that everyone crosses there fingers in the hope this date sticks....... The bloody car better be worth the wait.

3 Door Carbon Gey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS 510 with Dynaudio, Leather and Xenons. Waiting since August 18th....... Took delivery on the 9th of March. Yippee

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #343 on: 11 February 2010, 12:50 »
Judging by Snoops table on the first page of this thread, theres still 9 of us waiting since August!

Its shocking, and I dont think i'll be ordering a new car from VW again.

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #344 on: 11 February 2010, 12:53 »
Judging by Snoops table on the first page of this thread, theres still 9 of us waiting since August!

Its shocking, and I dont think i'll be ordering a new car from VW again.

You would have to think that during a worldwide recession that it would hit everyone differently with the economy on a downturn not everything is running as it should do. Arguably VW didnt feel the pinch as much as most, but I still believe that this didnt help matters.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #345 on: 11 February 2010, 14:38 »
Just called my dealer to give him my complimentary insurance details.

My cars been built!!!  Its status is at "awaiting VIN number" on Dialog.

:cool: :grin: :laugh: :shocked:

FYI - the complimentary insurance from VW, its changed to Allianz Insurance, and the number to call is 0800 316 7892.

Just got quoted from Directline to amend my policy (that I still had from my Mk4) - They quoted £610 with 4 years no claims!  I told them to poke it.  Swiftcover (via Gocompare) quoted £369!

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #346 on: 11 February 2010, 14:45 »
Just called my dealer to give him my complimentary insurance details.

My cars been built!!!  Its status is at "awaiting VIN number" on Dialog.

:cool: :grin: :laugh: :shocked:

FYI - the complimentary insurance from VW, its changed to Allianz Insurance, and the number to call is 0800 316 7892.

Just got quoted from Directline to amend my policy (that I still had from my Mk4) - They quoted £610 with 4 years no claims!  I told them to poke it.  Swiftcover (via Gocompare) quoted £369!

Congrats on getting your car being built.

Until they change that bastard advert with that fat twit siging I will never visit that website never mind get insurance through it no matter how cheap it is.

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #347 on: 11 February 2010, 15:46 »
Until they change that fatherless son advert with that fat twit siging I will never visit that website never mind get insurance through it no matter how cheap it is.

Hehe - Gocompare dont insure you, theyre just a price comparison site.  Thankfully, that fat twit doesnt jump out of your browser window and annoy you.

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #348 on: 11 February 2010, 16:14 »

If you go via quidco.com to buy your swiftcover insurance you will get another £28 back
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #349 on: 11 February 2010, 17:11 »
Until they change that fatherless son advert with that fat twit siging I will never visit that website never mind get insurance through it no matter how cheap it is.

Hehe - Gocompare dont insure you, theyre just a price comparison site.  Thankfully, that fat twit doesnt jump out of your browser window and annoy you.

Read what I said, you'll find I never said gocompare insured me. I said I wouldnt get insurance through it no matter how cheap it is. couldnt care less what the fat tw@t does, I'll never give gocompare the commission because of their advertisements.