Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112059 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #240 on: 15 January 2010, 19:41 »
Great news Snoop!  Well done mate, glad you've got the result you wanted from VWCS.  If I were you, when youve got your car on your drive, i would be writing a strongly worded letter of complaint to the head of sales at VW regarding the conduct of the dealer that's been royally shafting you.  I would also CC the head of sales of that particular dealer.  Following that, arrange for all warranty work and servicing to be carried out by a totally different dealer/group.

Update from me - Still an unconfirmed BW07.  My dealer hasnt stopped calling me this week with updates, and I feel that he couldnt do enough to appease me.  A big thumbs up to Caffyns for that.

Tomorrow morning, my Europcar Golf gets delivered to me between 1000 and 1300.  I looked on the reservation that Europcar sent me, VW have booked it initially for an 11 day period, at a cost to them of £696!!  11 days is optimistic!  I think more like 111days until i see my GTI!  My trusty year 2000(v plate) 3dr Mk4 2.0 GTI will be going to Caffyns for its chop in later tomorrow  (i'll be lighting a candle for it)

:P
How much!! I should have pushed for them to pay for my options!  :grin: since i don't want the hire car. I would have thought ~£200 for 11 days max for a private punter was more the norm but much less for corperate.
« Last Edit: 15 January 2010, 20:20 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #241 on: 15 January 2010, 19:45 »
Really happy for you Snoops  :laugh:
Glad you hung in there you will not be dissapointed  :wink:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #242 on: 15 January 2010, 19:54 »
Good news Snoopy- pleased for you.

I didn't hear from my dealer this week so emailed him yesterday. No response was the loud reply.. think I'll pay them a visit tomorrow just to see what the score is, especially as week 20 went passed a week or so ago...  :angry:

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #243 on: 15 January 2010, 20:01 »
especially as week 20 went passed a week or so ago...

Checks for tear in the space/time continuum...

:D

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #244 on: 15 January 2010, 20:03 »
especially as week 20 went passed a week or so ago...

Checks for tear in the space/time continuum...

:D

Lol- wouldn't be surprised if that excuse comes out of the dealer's mouth at some point  :grin:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #245 on: 15 January 2010, 20:22 »
I should sit down and work out when my 20 week wait period comes up.  :evil:
I guess its the actual order time posted on the VW DIALOG system rather than the day you placed your order with the dealer.
« Last Edit: 15 January 2010, 20:24 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #246 on: 15 January 2010, 20:38 »
Ive a couple of sensible questions:

1) - Does the Official Bluetooth (Teleprep) kit get you a sharkfin aerial on top if i've just got an RCD-510.?

2) - Can you actually playback DVD movies on the RNS510?  If so, is the player region locked?

I might change my spec to add the satnav, although my little £150 Garmin does just the same job really!

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #247 on: 16 January 2010, 10:30 »
Just back from the dealer to get an update. Apparently my case is with the branch manager who should get back to me on Monday.
My contact said it is unlikely I'll get a hire car because VW are allegedly struggling to supply everyone with them whilst they wait for their own cars to be delivered. Hopefully I'll get the build week confirmed next week as well - still week 7 at the moment.

I asked about compensation and said that free finance GAP/ RTI insurance would help. I should hear more about this next week or so I've been led to believe. I'm a bit synical though because I have been told this before...  :sad:

My contact said they had a message from VW saying there was a shortage of multi functional steering wheels but he felt this should not impact on the GTI as this was on the more generic wheel apparently. I asked him just what is going on- had VW cut back on production due to the recession ?- but it seems they are getting told nothing...

This is my first experience of buying a VW and may be the last as this has not been a very nice experience  :angry:

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #248 on: 16 January 2010, 10:44 »
Just back from the dealer to get an update. Apparently my case is with the branch manager who should get back to me on Monday.
My contact said it is unlikely I'll get a hire car because VW are allegedly struggling to supply everyone with them whilst they wait for their own cars to be delivered. Hopefully I'll get the build week confirmed next week as well - still week 7 at the moment.

I asked about compensation and said that free finance GAP/ RTI insurance would help. I should hear more about this next week or so I've been led to believe. I'm a bit synical though because I have been told this before...  :sad:

My contact said they had a message from VW saying there was a shortage of multi functional steering wheels but he felt this should not impact on the GTI as this was on the more generic wheel apparently. I asked him just what is going on- had VW cut back on production due to the recession ?- but it seems they are getting told nothing...

This is my first experience of buying a VW and may be the last as this has not been a very nice experience  :angry:

Forgot to say, when I was talking to my contact in the showroom, 2 of his colleagues shouted over whilst he was in mid conversation with me. I work in a customer focused organisation and behaviour like that is poor.. I didn't get that when I bought my last car from Vauxhall and expected a far higher standard of customer service at VW.

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #249 on: 16 January 2010, 11:00 »
My contact said it is unlikely I'll get a hire car because VW are allegedly struggling to supply everyone with them whilst they wait for their own cars to be delivered.

That sounds like a pile of steaming turd if you ask me, Europcar have plenty of cars in their fleet, even if you dont get a Golf, they can give you a similar Golf sized car.  I was down for an Astra on my booking request until I phoned them and said no, I want a Golf or I may as well keep my GTI.

Seems that your dealer cant be arsed to sort it out!

As long as we all hang in there, we'll be more than happy when our cars arrive.  We should do an August orders meet up when they do!

:)

Edit: Forgot to add, my Carbon Grey 1.4 5dr courtesy turned up just an hour ago!  Is it worth posting a pic?  It's a bit basic!

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.