Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112097 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #230 on: 15 January 2010, 11:25 »
Just spoke to VWcs again. I managed to talk to a human with a brain and common sense! :smiley:
So i now have.

1: Options added @ current RRP :smiley: :cool:
2: Car registed on a '10' plate in March as compensation for hassle. :smiley: :cool:
3: VAT rise paid for due to delay  :smiley: :cool:

Build week 06 (unconfirmed) and no delay due to options been added  :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

« Last Edit: 15 January 2010, 12:17 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Nutkins

• Not said much yet
« Reply #231 on: 15 January 2010, 11:27 »
Yay - nice one :smiley: Happy for you mate.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #232 on: 15 January 2010, 11:50 »
^Thanks im much happier now.  :smiley: :laugh:

Those with Build weeks earlier than the current BW05 that are been confirmed this week have you had yours confirmed or moved?

Yamz89 BW02

Duncreflex BW04

JJH BW04

Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline avalon

• Here all the time
« Reply #233 on: 15 January 2010, 12:26 »
Just spoke to VWcs again. I managed to talk to a human with a brain and common sense! :smiley:
So i now have.

1: Options added @ current RRP :smiley: :cool:
2: Car registed on a '10' plate in March as compensation for hassle. :smiley: :cool:
3: VAT rise paid for due to delay  :smiley: :cool:

Build week 06 (unconfirmed) and no delay due to options been added  :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Great news!

Ava
GTi DSG 5 Door Candy White [MY11]

Offline Tailpipe

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #234 on: 15 January 2010, 14:14 »
(Not the case for Rs by the way - if you factory order an R, you will definitely get it within 12 weeks.)

Hi Tailpipe - how do you know this? Is it just something you've been told by a VW dealer?

Dealer Principal in response to questions about delays on GTI.

Mac7, in this present climate, every dealer relies on every single order. The numbers so far for January across the board have fallen off a cliff, especially for VW. Any threat of a cancelled order is going to make sure a dealer gives you a proper timeline for delivery. Every individual has an inalienable right to his money back under the Sales of Goods Act if a supplier fails to deliver within that time.   
Golf R - almost on order - 5-door, DSG, Rising Blue, leather, 19" alloys, RNS510 with Dynaudio, ACC, Sunroof, Parking camera and sensors, luxury pack and cruise control.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #235 on: 15 January 2010, 14:43 »
Great news!

Ava
As long as they stick to there word yes, I asked for it in writing so i wait and see.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #236 on: 15 January 2010, 14:58 »
(Not the case for Rs by the way - if you factory order an R, you will definitely get it within 12 weeks.)

Hi Tailpipe - how do you know this? Is it just something you've been told by a VW dealer?

Dealer Principal in response to questions about delays on GTI.

Mac7, in this present climate, every dealer relies on every single order. The numbers so far for January across the board have fallen off a cliff, especially for VW. Any threat of a cancelled order is going to make sure a dealer gives you a proper timeline for delivery. Every individual has an inalienable right to his money back under the Sales of Goods Act if a supplier fails to deliver within that time.   
If only that were true.
GTD White 5dr, ACC, Sunroof, winter pack, in transit.......

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #237 on: 15 January 2010, 15:07 »
^Thanks im much happier now.  :smiley: :laugh:

Those with Build weeks earlier than the current BW05 that are been confirmed this week have you had yours confirmed or moved?

Yamz89 BW02

Duncreflex BW04

JJH BW04

My order is still uncomfirmed, all my dealer can do is put another call into the team at head office to try and hurry them along. He has already done this several times. I think it might be a case of who shouts loudest.....I threatened to cancel (but I wouldnt go through with it after having waited so long...).
I asked him 'off-the-record' when I am likely to get it and he still could not give a striaght answer. sometime in March, I'll believe it when I see it..they will be paying for a loan car come 1st Feb and if the car doesnt arrive before the 15th March I am going to take my frustration out on their gearbox,
« Last Edit: 15 January 2010, 16:31 by JJH »

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #238 on: 15 January 2010, 16:26 »
my delear just called and as a result of the conversation I asked him to have with head office I now have a free, almost new, VW owned, mk6 Golf 1.6TDI from the 25th January until the GTD rolls up. I am also going to get some compensation. believe it or not. He couldnt say how much but thought it would be a 'few' hundred quid. when I ordered the car they agreed a 'cashback' of £300 and a full tank of fuel so I've asked them to add the compensation to the £300 and pay for a removeable tow hitch with the proper rear valance. (trailer needed for motorbike trackdays and enduros) I'm reasonable happy with that, does make me wonder when the GTD will arrive though, the dealer said that the backlog is still massive... :smiley:
« Last Edit: 15 January 2010, 16:30 by JJH »

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #239 on: 15 January 2010, 19:22 »
Great news Snoop!  Well done mate, glad you've got the result you wanted from VWCS.  If I were you, when youve got your car on your drive, i would be writing a strongly worded letter of complaint to the head of sales at VW regarding the conduct of the dealer that's been royally shafting you.  I would also CC the head of sales of that particular dealer.  Following that, arrange for all warranty work and servicing to be carried out by a totally different dealer/group.

Update from me - Still an unconfirmed BW07.  My dealer hasnt stopped calling me this week with updates, and I feel that he couldnt do enough to appease me.  A big thumbs up to Caffyns for that.

Tomorrow morning, my Europcar Golf gets delivered to me between 1000 and 1300.  I looked on the reservation that Europcar sent me, VW have booked it initially for an 11 day period, at a cost to them of £696!!  11 days is optimistic!  I think more like 111days until i see my GTI!  My trusty year 2000(v plate) 3dr Mk4 2.0 GTI will be going to Caffyns for its chop in later tomorrow  (i'll be lighting a candle for it)

:P

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.