Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112077 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #220 on: 15 January 2010, 08:58 »
Oh great, another week 5 confirmed meens mine prob is too   :angry::cry::angry: which i did not want it to be  :cry: , as i wanted a couple of options added as i have been trying to get them added since NOVEMBER!!!  :angry: I told myself back then if they did not at least help with that...FFS!! :angry:
AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Im past the angry stage months ago, I have pasted the fumming stage, Im past the depressed stage, I was on the what the F##k am i still doing, don't give a sh#t stage, now im on i want to cry point. :cry:
« Last Edit: 15 January 2010, 09:31 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #221 on: 15 January 2010, 09:30 »
so are you going to cancel or is your threat to cancel just a bit of fun? Sounds like VW have not met with your ultimatum. I would have thought with only about 6 weeks to go you surely aint gonna cancel now.

Which extras were you looking at Snopp?

I still like the idea of chaining ourselves to the production line in protest....
« Last Edit: 15 January 2010, 09:36 by JJH »
GTD White 5dr, ACC, Sunroof, winter pack, in transit.......

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #222 on: 15 January 2010, 09:37 »
Well im waiting for a phone call from VWcs :grin: again!
Its no threat to cancel, im sick to death of this. I have spent all my free time every day since the end of  November writing emails, letters making sure anyone could understand them (got many others to proove read them) and getting nowere. Giving solutions to my requests that just get ignored. Everyone that has read my email print outs of my discussions with my dealer, members of my family, friends, work mates, my bosses etc, all said im completely mad for even thinking of dealing with these idiots. If i was not as devoted GTI fan as i am i would have gave up at the start of December by the way i have been treated by my so called dealer :sad: . For VWcs to then not do what they said they would and done nothing in nearly a month! and made me waste 6 days of my work holiday entitlement waiting for there call backs, its just a complete farse.
The problem i see is if i don't get one of the options i wanted to add it would be a constant reminder of how i have been treated! Even if thats sorted, If they then still demand to register it on a 59 plate in the last days of Feb they will be told were to stick the car! As im not waiting over 6 months for a car that by the time my payment clears and i can pick it up will look 6 months old!

Its not like i even want anything more than others have bene offered!
All i wanted was
1: 2 options added @ current rrp
2: Car registed on a '10' plate in March.
3: VAT RISE paid for on the original order (ie honour the original invoice)
Im not intersted in a hire car that others have been offered etc as i have a car i use for the bad winter months up here that im use to driving in such conditions.

Am i really been that unreasonable!
« Last Edit: 15 January 2010, 10:06 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline Tailpipe

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #223 on: 15 January 2010, 10:08 »
I heard something interesting about all of these delays. VW reduced production quite markedly last year and has been manufacturing at a lower level ever since, causing delays on all factory orders. This is largely because demand has been greater than anticipated, not least because of Germany's own scrapage scheme. The good news is that residual values on cars bought over the last 12 months will be good, because there are less '09 than '08s.

The problem is that the order book for GTIs is getting longer. (Not the case for Rs by the way - if you factory order an R, you will definitely get it within 12 weeks.) At some point, VW will increase production and the order backlog will clear relatively quickly. What VW don't want to do is ramp up production if the Recession isn't well and truly over. I don't know how things stand right now, but if I was VW I would probably wait. The economy may not have turned the corner just yet.

One way to get VW's attention is to write a letter asking for a confirmed delivery date and to assert your right and intention to cancel the contract for non-performance on their part if they don't provide the car when they say they will.

The threat of orders getting cancelled ALWAYS spurs manufacturers into action. Remember, guys, YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER. You have all the power.
Golf R - almost on order - 5-door, DSG, Rising Blue, leather, 19" alloys, RNS510 with Dynaudio, ACC, Sunroof, Parking camera and sensors, luxury pack and cruise control.

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
« Reply #224 on: 15 January 2010, 10:13 »
Well im waiting for a phone call from VWcs :grin: again!
Its no threat to cancel, im sick to death of this. I have spent all my free time every day since the end of  November writing emails, letters making sure anyone could understand them (got many others to proove read them) and getting nowere. Giving solutions to my requests that just get ignored. Everyone that has read my email print outs of my discussions with my dealer, members of my family, friends, work mates, my bosses etc, all said im completely mad for even thinking of dealing with these idiots. If i was not as devoted GTI fan as i am i would have gave up at the start of December by the way i have been treated by my so called dealer :sad: . For VWcs to then not do what they said they would and done nothing in nearly a month! and made me waste 6 days of my work holiday entitlement waiting for there call backs, its just a complete farse.
The problem i see is if i don't get one of the options i wanted to add it would be a constant reminder of how i have been treated! Even if thats sorted, If they then still demand to register it on a 59 plate in the last days of Feb they will be told were to stick the car! As im not waiting over 6 months for a car that by the time my payment clears and i can pick it up will look 6 months old!

Its not like i even want anything more than others have bene offered!
All i wanted was
1: 2 options added @ current rrp
2: Car registed on a '10' plate in March.
3: VAT RISE paid for on the original order (ie honour the original invoice)
Im not intersted in a hire car that others have been offered etc as i have a car i use for the bad winter months up here that im use to driving in such conditions.

Am i really been that unreasonable!

Seems bad customer care that having asked to amend the order in Nov. they still haven't responded - its a simple case of either the build spec was/is locked and can't be changed, so a new order from scratch, or it is changebale. given we are now another 6-8 weeks on your chances of amending are very remote now.

I'd be tempted to cancel the order, place a new order with every single option on it, wait 10 weekes til its fixed in build and then cancel.  Leave the dealer with the most expensive Golf GTI in the country (ABT mods aside )   :laugh: :laugh:

Given there are numerous used ones around now at £23k ish, i'd be tempted to walk on principal - its causing you more trouble than its worth, its only a lump of metal after all !

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #225 on: 15 January 2010, 10:22 »
I hope the spec is not locked but as other BW05 like mine have been locked this week :sad:
The dealer had over a month from Nov-Dec to sort it (I asked 8 times).
VWcs has had over 3 weeks to sort it.
 :undecided:

« Last Edit: 15 January 2010, 10:24 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
« Reply #226 on: 15 January 2010, 10:28 »
I hope the spec is not locked but as other BW05 like mine have been locked this week :sad:
The dealer had over a month from Nov-Dec to sort it (I asked 8 times).
VWcs has had over 3 weeks to sort it.
 :undecided:

there is a difference between the spec being locked and the build week being confirmed - they are not one and the same.  I ordered my TDI first week september, i had 4 days to confirm the spec.  Then waited another 8-9 weeks before the build was confirmed (any changes in that time meant starting over again). Car built and delivered before end of year as stipulated on my order form, avoiding the VAT.

GTI/GTD are byuilt in batches, but i doubt the system of open spec, locked spec, confirmed build week, build, depstach, PDI, delivery is any different.

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #227 on: 15 January 2010, 10:32 »
Am I really been that unreasonable!

^^^^No.

I'd be cancelling. It's unacceptable, production constraints or not.
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline Nutkins

• Not said much yet
« Reply #228 on: 15 January 2010, 10:35 »
(Not the case for Rs by the way - if you factory order an R, you will definitely get it within 12 weeks.)

Hi Tailpipe - how do you know this? Is it just something you've been told by a VW dealer?

Snoopy - cancel mate, even if just out of principle. They are taking the serious p1ss. The thing about the 10 plate has particularly p1ssed me off - they should be bending over backwards to accomadate you, not shafting you futher. Keep your money and within 6 months you're bound to find a used one close to the spec you wanted, probably with a nice saving. I totally agree if you go through all this hassle and don't even get your perfect spec it will haunt you, it would me that's for sure.

Offline mac7

• I live here
« Reply #229 on: 15 January 2010, 11:13 »
The threat of orders getting cancelled ALWAYS spurs manufacturers into action. Remember, guys, YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER. You have all the power.

If you're a major fleet customer buying a million pounds worth perhaps. They aren't going to re-arrange production schedules for one car.

Snoopy, I can understand why you might cancel, but I think you'd regret it. Sounds to me like you're a victim of circumstances and timing (changing spec and VW's changing build schedules). Obviously only you can comment on your dealers attitude. If you need a car right now, then cancelling is the obvious choice.

Rather than bombarding VW and your dealer in an attempt to change something you can't change, why not accept it'll come sometime in Feb/March and relax - better for your health  :smiley:. Everything comes to he who waits.
Golf R