Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112352 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #200 on: 09 January 2010, 15:07 »
My update.  :sad:
All quiet, i got a phone call from VWCS saying they would contact me in 2 to 3 working days. Thats 9 working days ago! Dealers gone quiet too :undecided: :lipsrsealed:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread update
« Reply #201 on: 09 January 2010, 15:49 »
Hi, I also still have an unconfirmed build week of week 6.  Should be here late Feb, early March, so at least I'll get a 10 plate.
I wish that was true for me.  :angry: The car i originally ordered the dealer says no to 10 they say if it arrives anytime in feb it will be registered on a 59 plate :sad:
« Last Edit: 09 January 2010, 16:01 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #202 on: 09 January 2010, 16:10 »
Hi, I also still have an unconfirmed build week of week 6.  Should be here late Feb, early March, so at least I'll get a 10 plate.
I wish that was true for me.  :angry: The car i originally ordered the dealer says no to 10 they say if it arrives anytime in feb it will be registered on a 59 plate :sad:

Even if your car came a couple of says before 1st March, you'd still have to have a 59 plate?? That's sounds bang out of order, Snoopy. Are you still thinking about cancelling or are you going to hang on in there? We must be over the worst part of the wait surely by now !!

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #203 on: 09 January 2010, 16:21 »
Even if it arrives last thing 28th feb!

Cancel well thats down to if VW customer care phone back. I have a ref case number from them so i know the letter is suppose to be getting delt with.

I currently work in a very strict enviroment controlled lab and am working long hours, been able to go out of it to make a phone call for example causes all sorts of huge massive hassles to get back in. So trying to sort this out in working hours is extremely difficult for me. I took 3 days holiday and stayed in all that time waiting for a phone call that i never got. :sad:
« Last Edit: 09 January 2010, 16:33 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #204 on: 09 January 2010, 16:56 »
So any of the build weeks in Jan been confirmed yet?  :undecided:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #205 on: 09 January 2010, 18:10 »
Even if it arrives last thing 28th feb!

Cancel well thats down to if VW customer care phone back. I have a ref case number from them so i know the letter is suppose to be getting delt with.

I currently work in a very strict enviroment controlled lab and am working long hours, been able to go out of it to make a phone call for example causes all sorts of huge massive hassles to get back in. So trying to sort this out in working hours is extremely difficult for me. I took 3 days holiday and stayed in all that time waiting for a phone call that i never got. :sad:

Sheesh- that's not good. Fingers crossed there'll be a happy ending for you

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #206 on: 09 January 2010, 18:14 »
How many of you August "orderers" have got a confirmed build week?

I still only have a provisional of week 06. Actually, to be perfectly honest, with the weather as it is I'm glad I haven't got my new car just yet.  :smug:
Looking forward to a great summer of salt and grit free motoring.

I don't think mine (week 7) is confirmed - the dealer said it hadn't moved from the last update which makes me think it's not locked in yet... :undecided:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #207 on: 10 January 2010, 17:07 »
4 to 5 weeks before the build date is normally when they get locked so it should be soon for you. Mine may be locked :sad:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #208 on: 11 January 2010, 19:07 »
4 to 5 weeks before the build date is normally when they get locked so it should be soon for you. Mine may be locked :sad:

I'll check if and when the dealer gets back to me this week .. Fingers crossed it will be  :smiley:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #209 on: 11 January 2010, 19:30 »
I hope mines not but known my luck it will be.  :sad:
tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock, still no phone call or letter for me :sad:
« Last Edit: 11 January 2010, 19:35 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI