Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112100 times)

Offline ScottieC

• Not said much yet
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #190 on: 04 January 2010, 12:13 »
Well, my old car goes into the dealer later today on the way home from work and I'll pick up the hire car then.  Just as a warning, the hire car car company, Europcar take a £150 refundable deposit.  £100 for any excess and £50 for the tank of fuel in case you return it empty.  Also make sure you scan your licence and email or photocopy and drop a copy off to your dealer as Europcar will not allow the dealer to book the car without a copy of your licence on file.

Offline ScottieC

• Not said much yet
« Reply #191 on: 04 January 2010, 21:34 »
The hire car I got from Europcar is a Golf mk6, 1.4 80ps.  All fairly easy really.  Delivered to the dealer as I was handing my car over.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #192 on: 04 January 2010, 21:41 »
Glad your dealers and VW are looking after you guys.  :smiley: Wish i could say the same. :sad:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #193 on: 04 January 2010, 23:23 »
Hey guys,

Hope you all had a great Chrimbo, and a Happy New Year to you all!

My dealer called me today for an update, no current change on wk07, but I am due to get a hire car in the next 2 weeks from them.  The head of sales for the group are concerned about my order as it is now officially the longest wait they have ever seen for a new car order.  I've apparently been escalated to the head of customer care at MK, and they will let me know tomorrow a confirmed build date!

Not long now!  Almost 5 months in, and another 2 to go!

:grin:

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline AndyC

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #194 on: 04 January 2010, 23:40 »
Hey guys,

Hope you all had a great Chrimbo, and a Happy New Year to you all!

My dealer called me today for an update, no current change on wk07, but I am due to get a hire car in the next 2 weeks from them.  The head of sales for the group are concerned about my order as it is now officially the longest wait they have ever seen for a new car order.  I've apparently been escalated to the head of customer care at MK, and they will let me know tomorrow a confirmed build date!

Not long now!  Almost 5 months in, and another 2 to go!

:grin:

That is a joke mate!

They should give you all the option free of charge!

Can only admire your sense of humour.
Previous:- Pearl Black Golf GTI MK5

Previous:-White Golf GTI MK6

Currently:-White Golf R

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
« Reply #195 on: 05 January 2010, 11:25 »
The hire car I got from Europcar is a Golf mk6, 1.4 80ps.  All fairly easy really.  Delivered to the dealer as I was handing my car over.

Exciting eh !

bet you can't wait for your order to arrive.

Offline ScottieC

• Not said much yet
« Reply #196 on: 05 January 2010, 12:20 »
I suppose at least this means it's getting closer and now VW is having to pay out for the hire car it might be in their interests to speed things up!  Still week 6 for build and has been now for a few months, so getting closer.....

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #197 on: 07 January 2010, 18:09 »
Hi everyone

I had an email from the dealer today saying the build week for my car is still week 7. I was half expecting it to be further put back so I am cautiously optimistic it'll stay there or thereabouts now (fingers crossed!!).

I was also told that I should hear from them next week as regards the hire car so we'll see what they say. No mention of compensation but I'm not too fussed if I'm honest as the p/ex trade in price is unaffected.

Offline RickS

• I live here
AUGUST orders list & thread update
« Reply #198 on: 08 January 2010, 07:12 »
How many of you August "orderers" have got a confirmed build week?

I still only have a provisional of week 06. Actually, to be perfectly honest, with the weather as it is I'm glad I haven't got my new car just yet.  :smug:
Looking forward to a great summer of salt and grit free motoring.
2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.

Offline ScottieC

• Not said much yet
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread update
« Reply #199 on: 08 January 2010, 10:16 »
How many of you August "orderers" have got a confirmed build week?

I still only have a provisional of week 06. Actually, to be perfectly honest, with the weather as it is I'm glad I haven't got my new car just yet.  :smug:
Looking forward to a great summer of salt and grit free motoring.

Hi, I also still have an unconfirmed build week of week 6.  Should be here late Feb, early March, so at least I'll get a 10 plate.