Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 111645 times)

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #180 on: 01 January 2010, 16:58 »
Lovely looking motor there Toon. Gives the rest of us hanging on in there a bit of encourage to keep waiting  :smiley:

Offline daviescotland

• Here all the time
« Reply #181 on: 02 January 2010, 00:24 »
ooh that IS nice
MK6 GTI, 3 door, candy white, 18" monza shadow, Xenons, RCD 510 w "dynaudio", sunroof, rear view camera, cruise control & free servicing.
Ordered 28/10/2009. BW07 confirmed. production complete 10/02/2010. Arrived at dealers 17/02/2010. Driving on a 10 plate 01/03/2010.

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #182 on: 02 January 2010, 08:03 »
ooh that IS nice

And in the best colour too  :grin: :grin:
Well worth the wait
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline Toon

• Not said much yet
« Reply #183 on: 02 January 2010, 09:51 »
Am I right in thinking that the GTI is the only VW car with the colour Tornado Red?

Someone told me once that the reds in the other VW range cars are different
Mk 7.5 Performance | DSG | 19" Brescia | Atlantic Blue | 5 door

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #184 on: 02 January 2010, 10:06 »
Am I right in thinking that the GTI is the only VW car with the colour Tornado Red?

Yes i think Tornado Red is a Gti col only,  :wink: :wink: no doubt someone will be along shortly to confirm this  :embarassed:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

redleg

« Reply #185 on: 02 January 2010, 10:25 »
Car looks stunning , cant ' wait for my tornado red gti to appear now  , trouble is it a long wait till april but your photo's have made the wait seem worth while .

Offline daviescotland

• Here all the time
« Reply #186 on: 02 January 2010, 12:35 »

Not sure about the MK6, but the MK5 was available in tornado red in lower spec, as it's the colour of my current car, GT Sport  :smiley: :smiley:

MK6 GTI, 3 door, candy white, 18" monza shadow, Xenons, RCD 510 w "dynaudio", sunroof, rear view camera, cruise control & free servicing.
Ordered 28/10/2009. BW07 confirmed. production complete 10/02/2010. Arrived at dealers 17/02/2010. Driving on a 10 plate 01/03/2010.

Offline Toon

• Not said much yet
« Reply #187 on: 02 January 2010, 15:12 »
Car looks stunning , cant ' wait for my tornado red gti to appear now  , trouble is it a long wait till april but your photo's have made the wait seem worth while .

Stick with it. I waited 4 and a half months and nearly gave up as the build weeks were going back and back. Pleased I didn't chicken out.

I've had the car 2 weeks now and just completed the first 1000 miles. Here are my best and worst bits of feedback on the car.

BEST THING SO FAR : The Dynaudio sound upgrade. If music in the car is important to you this is the best money you can spend on any option IMHO. Stunning sound quality.

WORST THING SO FAR : Power operated door mirrors seem to have a mind of their own. Sometimes they fold in sometimes they don't. Not sure why but I've read other posts on the forum reporting the same thing. Ho hum.

TOP TIP : If you have the 20GB hard drive option for music files, rip in MP3 320kbps format. The system seems to like that format the best and uploads are fastest. Apple iTunes AAC format is a no-go so you need to convert to MP3.

I deliberated for some time on the leather and xenon options but decided to lose them in favour of the DVD Sat Nav and Dynaudio - I don't regret it one bit. Took the missus shopping the other day and stayed in the car park to watch an AC/DC DVD in the car. A win/win scenario   :smiley:
« Last Edit: 02 January 2010, 17:14 by Toon »
Mk 7.5 Performance | DSG | 19" Brescia | Atlantic Blue | 5 door

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #188 on: 03 January 2010, 19:43 »

Yes i think Tornado Red is a Gti col only,  :wink: :wink: no doubt someone will be along shortly to confirm this  :embarassed:
nope. But you knew it would be me saying it.  :grin:
« Last Edit: 03 January 2010, 20:21 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #189 on: 03 January 2010, 20:21 »
Hire car V part ex car.
Always remember that if you keep your own car (the one you are part exing) rather than take the hire car that if you are involved in an accident that the deal you have with the dealer could them become a problem. It maybe better to take the hire car option than risk any problem that may crop up.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.