Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 111646 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #90 on: 02 December 2009, 18:02 »
Also what amount deposit did you guys have to pay?  :undecided:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #91 on: 02 December 2009, 18:46 »
A post on here http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/262084/2102960.aspx#2102960
from  "KIJ" says his golf (not GTI) has went from week 47 to week 03 because they have run out of RCD510's.
An 8 week wait just because of a radio is shocking!!!

He is also claiming the car has now been "flagged for a priority-build".  Maybe that is something you could try with the dealer?!

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #92 on: 02 December 2009, 19:54 »

Who is Getting the VAT rise paid for them?

Had a bit of a heated discussion with my dealer today. :angry: He says i will have to pay it!

I was wondering who is paying your VAT rise,
You,
Your dealer,
VW,
VW steeping in to help/compo you?
etc etc.

Hi Snoop- The dealer has confirmed they will cover the VAT increase for me and have also said I can change the colour so I'm now going for reflex silver. Will do you a PM in a bit mate  :smiley:

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
« Reply #93 on: 02 December 2009, 20:05 »
Hi Snoop- The dealer has confirmed they will cover the VAT increase for me and have also said I can change the colour so I'm now going for reflex silver. Will do you a PM in a bit mate  :smiley:

Even if delivered March onwards?
Current:
2018 RS4  - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #94 on: 02 December 2009, 21:02 »
Can i clarify that from what your saying its the dealer covering the VAT not VW ?
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #95 on: 02 December 2009, 21:57 »
Hi guys,

Had a call from my dealer yesterday.  It was out of the blue, and he just said that I'm still unconfirmed for a BW07, he also said that he'd had a bulletin from VW stating that there were delays affecting all Golf orders due to shortages of RCD310's and RCD510's.

I asked him about VAT and mentioned that "on the forum I read" - People are worrying about their final prices on delivery due to VAT increase.  He assured me that he had a reference number from VW confirming that the price on my order sheet (£30,275) was final and I wouldnt be paying anymore.

He also comfirmed that because my order will soon be going over 20 weeks, I will be getting a Golf loan car until mine arrives.

So some good news, but still no sign of a date as to when my GTI will be sitting on my driveway!!

Cheers
Spooner.

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #96 on: 02 December 2009, 22:53 »
How can buying a car be such a pain in the a$$. Im really really getting sick of it now. Especially the VAT thing.  :cry: Anyone ever suffered a nervious breakdown from trying to buy a car :cry:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #97 on: 03 December 2009, 08:33 »
Well I did mention the RCD510 supply issue a while back, but everyone said it wouldn't be that, that was slowing supply, even though the Rocco guys are having thier cars delayed due to the supply of these!. In fact VW have changed some orders to RNS310 units to get the cars out the factory.

Will this happen to Golfs now?

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline ScottieC

• Not said much yet
« Reply #98 on: 03 December 2009, 09:57 »
Hi Snoopy, sorry to hear about your problems still.  I was contacted by my dealer yesterday who told me I'm still 06/10 unconfirmed, but that contrary to what VW customer service told me last week, of 28 Feb being the VAT cut off point, the dealer had spoken with VW and my VAT will not go up, provided I make no changes to my order even though it is still unconfirmed!

Although as I posted after speaking with VW UK last week, I was told the supply of RCD510s has been an issue, but this has apparently been resolved.  Quite whether I'm willing to believe anything VW tell me though.......

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #99 on: 03 December 2009, 10:09 »
Hi Snoopy, sorry to hear about your problems still.  I was contacted by my dealer yesterday who told me I'm still 06/10 unconfirmed, but that contrary to what VW customer service told me last week, of 28 Feb being the VAT cut off point, the dealer had spoken with VW and my VAT will not go up, provided I make no changes to my order even though it is still unconfirmed!
That would be my luck if this is the case. If they had told me that i would have stuck with what i originally ordered.
The only reason i thought of adding more options was to compensate myself and feal abit better about having to wait 7+ months for a car.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI