Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112339 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #100 on: 03 December 2009, 17:50 »
Update from me,  :angry:
I got an email from them of an amended quote with options i was thinking of adding on with 15% and 17.5% vat. With a couple of other replies to q's i had.
In reply i told them to hold on from amending my order until we sort the VAT out.

Basically there not been much help at all, they just keep saying about VWs offer of 2.5% vat on oct/nov orders. Then said and i will quote "if you wish to challenge this with VW then i would require something in writing from them as confirmation" :sad:
Lets say im this far |--| from saying stuff it and just loose my deposit of £737.50
Another option i may do is contact Autoexpess since its only a week or so they did that VAT story.

Am i been that unreasonable to think i should not have to pay ~£600 because of someone else ie VWfactory and as a consequence also making me wait an extra 4+ Months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: 03 December 2009, 18:05 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #101 on: 03 December 2009, 18:51 »
Sorry Snoopy I havent been following this thread.... but honestly if this were to happen to me i would be kicking up a BIG stink!! Thats just not on.

Sounds like you need to speak to someone with a little authority and who actually gives a sh1t. Take it higher until you find that person... keep everything documented, thats the most important thing!!

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #102 on: 03 December 2009, 19:17 »
Hi Snoop- The dealer has confirmed they will cover the VAT increase for me and have also said I can change the colour so I'm now going for reflex silver. Will do you a PM in a bit mate  :smiley:

Even if delivered March onwards?

Yes- it's not meant to be built now until week 7 so there's no way I'd get the car in time before then.  :smiley:

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #103 on: 03 December 2009, 19:22 »
Hi Snoop- The dealer has confirmed they will cover the VAT increase for me and have also said I can change the colour so I'm now going for reflex silver. Will do you a PM in a bit mate  :smiley:
Can i clarify that from what your saying its the dealer covering the VAT not VW ?

I actually think it's the other way around but that's just a hunch as I haven't asked.... :smiley:

Offline MDSS MK6

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #104 on: 03 December 2009, 19:35 »
Snoopy, as you're so far beyond when you were originally promised the car, you should get your deposit back without any problems. Check the small print on your order form, mine had something about "if we exceed 6 weeks" I think. So sorry to hear how ridiculous its got for some of you guys!
Cancelled Order
Mk5 R32 instead.....and change too:)

Offline RickS

• I live here
« Reply #105 on: 04 December 2009, 06:44 »
Snoopy, if you want the spec for my GTI, it is 5dr, manual, carbon grey met, Jacara cloth, Monza 18's, ACC, Winter pack, luxury pack, RCD510 + Dynaudio, cruise, rear side airbags. Still provisional on week 1, but two others ordered just before mine have been confirmed for week 51.

Still hoping to get my car by end of Jan. [Only a month before "10" plate comes out but not going to wait for that, waited long enough already]

RickS.
« Last Edit: 04 December 2009, 06:48 by RickS »
2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.

Offline LIVERLEGEND

• Not said much yet
« Reply #106 on: 04 December 2009, 08:23 »
Just an update from me, the cars at the dealers!!!!  :laugh:
Will be flying down Tuesday night and driving her back up Wednesday morning! Can't wait.  :smug:

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
« Reply #107 on: 04 December 2009, 08:44 »
Just an update from me, the cars at the dealers!!!!  :laugh:
Will be flying down Tuesday night and driving her back up Wednesday morning! Can't wait.  :smug:

Get you!  Congrats
Current:
2018 RS4  - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
« Reply #108 on: 04 December 2009, 11:15 »
Snoopy - i wouldn't worry about losing your deposit, its VW who are failing to meet the expectation/anticipated delivery time you were informed when placing the order. It might take a letter to get it back, but enough is enough !

Offline James Gould

• I live here
« Reply #109 on: 04 December 2009, 11:35 »
wow  -  Liverlegend  -  exciting!