Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112351 times)

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #70 on: 01 December 2009, 11:11 »
Read somewhere last week that VW has allocated a further 2000 TDI orders to the US market - not a huge amount but bound to have some effect :(

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #71 on: 01 December 2009, 11:32 »
Its not the dealers fault. As an example my dealer ordered more or less when they said i did and i got the commision number and also got a provisional build week from VW customer service UK. It then slipped and slipped, Then now does not have one!! This is VW germany/factory fault moving build weeks i was informed because they are now in new markets and demand. (im guessing they don't want to piss the US customers off as they always go off on one) not UK dealers telling lies. or at least it is in my case.

Or the dealer has sold your car to someone else more pushy or paying bigger £££ for a bigger profit margin.  :cry:
It wouldn't be the first time this has happened unfortunately.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline MDSS MK6

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #72 on: 01 December 2009, 12:03 »
Its not the dealers fault. As an example my dealer ordered more or less when they said i did and i got the commision number and also got a provisional build week from VW customer service UK. It then slipped and slipped, Then now does not have one!! This is VW germany/factory fault moving build weeks i was informed because they are now in new markets and demand. (im guessing they don't want to piss the US customers off as they always go off on one) not UK dealers telling lies. or at least it is in my case.

Or the dealer has sold your car to someone else more pushy or paying bigger £££ for a bigger profit margin.  :cry:
It wouldn't be the first time this has happened unfortunately.

I think its happened to too many of us for that to be true. Don't disput that it does happen thou
Cancelled Order
Mk5 R32 instead.....and change too:)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #73 on: 01 December 2009, 12:18 »
Think about it though, you have bought the car and just waiting on it being made / delivered. Joe public walks in not looking for any discount and is even willing to accept the paint treatment and GAP but is unwilling to wait 16 weeks.
The dealer already has a captured customer in the system, I doubt it would be too hard to bump your car to the next allocation and give Joe Public his.

I've absolutely no evidence of that apart from the thread on here "How can I tell if my Dealer has reallocated my Car ?" but I do know "most" car dealers will promise you the earth until you have signed!!
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #74 on: 01 December 2009, 15:09 »
 :sad:
« Last Edit: 08 December 2009, 18:49 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline maksta

• Not said much yet
« Reply #75 on: 01 December 2009, 17:55 »
sorry to hear how slow the aug orders are going.... :sad:... but my latest update after i rang VW CS - they said that my car should be at the docks on Monday 7th Dec! so dont know how many days it will be to get to my dealer from there and for them to do the PDI etc. I am guessing perhaps friday 11th dec at earliest!  :rolleyes:

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #76 on: 01 December 2009, 18:48 »
Hi all

I had a call from the dealer today to let me know what the latest was on my order.  It has now been put back to week 07 !!!  :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The salesman read out the email he'd been sent from VW head office which said the delay was because I had requested DAB.. If this was such a problem, why on earth offer it as an option?? Argh !!!

On the positive side, he confirmed I do not have to pay the VAT increase, the part ex for my car will be as agreed back in August and also said about getting a hire car in Jan. He also said if I'm not happy with the hire car, I can keep my current car until the golf arrives.

I asked about compensation and he said they are currently fighting this out with VW and will get back to me when they have any news..

Gonna run and run this saga I reckon...  :sad:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #77 on: 01 December 2009, 19:06 »
^ :sad: I wonder if thats just an excuse or actually true. At least they are looking after you with the hire car and VAT.
« Last Edit: 01 December 2009, 19:09 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
« Reply #78 on: 01 December 2009, 20:48 »
Heard from my dealer too, originally I had BW48, then BW01, then no BW and now BW10!  So potentially it's 7 months since ordering.  He did say at least I would have a new reg.  They are still to confirm who pays for the extra VAT.  I'm chewing over getting something else, went into Audi this weekend but they said if I ordered now I'd only get delivery Mar/Apr so same wait.   :undecided:
Current:
2018 RS4  - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #79 on: 01 December 2009, 20:51 »
What did you see about in Audi?

And what deals, I've been thinking S3 with this lead time.

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar