Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112105 times)

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #80 on: 01 December 2009, 22:20 »
To cut a long story short, I originally set myself a budget of 25k to 30k and treat myself to a really nice “sports” car.  So, what did I always hanker for but could never afford?  I originally looked at 993's.  OK, the cars retain their value but the cost of maintenance/parts eventually put me off (and I’m really useless at DIY car maintenance).

I also needed something that I could use to commute to work.  So what next?  I’d never had a GTI, when I was young my mate had brand new Mk1 and I thought it was brill then.  Hence my order for the Mk6.  Now it’s gone to BW10, I thought I’d look at something else.

A TT?  Same 2+2 seat configuration (I have a 5 and 7 year old) as the 993, but hopefully a bit cheaper to maintain.  So with SWMBO, the two lads and me we hit the showrooms again.  The lads just wanted to do is sit in all the cars, I think we must have impressed the staff.  Anyway, we tried the TT but with the drivers seat set up for me there wasn’t much room for anyone’s legs sitting behind me.  The S3 ticks the boxes (technically), but the looks put me off.  And Audi have just increased their prices as of 1-Dec.  And they don't offer a service pack for £250.
Current:
2018 RS4  - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #81 on: 01 December 2009, 22:34 »
To cut a long story short, I originally set myself a budget of 25k to 30k and treat myself to a really nice “sports” car.  So, what did I always hanker for but could never afford?  I originally looked at 993's.  OK, the cars retain their value but the cost of maintenance/parts eventually put me off (and I’m really useless at DIY car maintenance).

I also needed something that I could use to commute to work.  So what next?  I’d never had a GTI, when I was young my mate had brand new Mk1 and I thought it was brill then.  Hence my order for the Mk6.  Now it’s gone to BW10, I thought I’d look at something else.

A TT?  Same 2+2 seat configuration (I have a 5 and 7 year old) as the 993, but hopefully a bit cheaper to maintain.  So with SWMBO, the two lads and me we hit the showrooms again.  The lads just wanted to do is sit in all the cars, I think we must have impressed the staff.  Anyway, we tried the TT but with the drivers seat set up for me there wasn’t much room for anyone’s legs sitting behind me.  The S3 ticks the boxes (technically), but the looks put me off.  And Audi have just increased their prices as of 1-Dec.  And they don't offer a service pack for £250.

Scirocco? Much better room in the back than a TT

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
« Reply #82 on: 01 December 2009, 22:43 »
Uhmmm, thing is, I went to Audi hoping the waiting times would be less, but it's circa Mar/Apr as well.  I assume that by cancelling and placing a new order with VW would just push me to the back of the queue again.  Will probably hang on for another month and see what happens.  Thanks.
Current:
2018 RS4  - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #83 on: 01 December 2009, 22:46 »
Uhmmm, thing is, I went to Audi hoping the waiting times would be less, but it's circa Mar/Apr as well.  I assume that by cancelling and placing a new order with VW would just push me to the back of the queue again.  Will probably hang on for another month and see what happens.  Thanks.

Or an A5? That would be my choice if I didn't have my GTI.

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #84 on: 01 December 2009, 23:02 »
I was told today by my dealer that as my order will slip past 20 weeks from order I will be offered a free Golf through Europecar car rental, thats owned by VAG until my car arrives. Not sure if its just my dealer group offering this but I'm satisfied that I will get some sort of compensation. I'd rather not but......
GTD White 5dr, ACC, Sunroof, winter pack, in transit.......

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #85 on: 02 December 2009, 08:11 »
When did you place your order JJH?

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #86 on: 02 December 2009, 09:15 »
28th august, just before the price increase (+20 weeks is 15th Jan) I'll be looking to get a car the fiollowing Monday

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #87 on: 02 December 2009, 17:43 »
Had my dealer on the phone today and i asked about a few things others had said.

However, there is some good news, he tells me that when a car goes over 20 weeks I can have a free hire car, a golf, through europcar. VW owns them. He promised that even if there is a complication with that the dealer would give me a Golf, free, until mine arrives. Sorted!!!!

I was told today by my dealer that as my order will slip past 20 weeks from order I will be offered a free Golf through Europecar car rental, thats owned by VAG until my car arrives. Not sure if its just my dealer group offering this but I'm satisfied that I will get some sort of compensation. I'd rather not but......
When i said this, he said fleets after 16weeks wait but had not heard of this before.

I also asked about the VAT increase and was told that even though my order was made in August, VW would honour the price until 28 Feb 10, after which I would have to pay any VAT increase!!
I was told i had to pay the extra VAT! or i could cancel and re-order to qualify for the VAT offer from VW.
When i questioned how they could deliver a car before 28th Feb to qualify for this when they cannot even supply August orders and i thought this offer from VW was worthless. I got well....

On the positive side, he confirmed I do not have to pay the VAT increase.... and also said about getting a hire car in Jan.
I asked about compensation and he said they are currently fighting this out with VW and will get back to me when they have any news..
Gonna run and run this saga I reckon...  :sad:
I wish my dealer would fight my corner like this. Even picking up the phone and contacting VW would be nice, :rolleyes: rather than simpy reading whats they send as bulletins off his screen. Fight my corner with VW. See above parts of this post and PM.
I did asked about my build week he said provisional Wk06 but then went on to say basically take that with a pinch of salt.
« Last Edit: 08 December 2009, 18:55 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #88 on: 02 December 2009, 17:53 »
I wouldnt accept that considering you ordered the car on 20th August...take it higher and kill them with kindness...

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #89 on: 02 December 2009, 18:00 »
VAT  :sad:
« Last Edit: 08 December 2009, 18:56 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.