Author Topic: Car available early - what do I do???  (Read 6179 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Car available early - what do I do???
« Reply #10 on: 07 July 2009, 19:50 »
Get it now, who the hell takes any notice about number plates these days anyway?
When the revised ones come out next year they'll be different again for a year or two then nobody will give a hoot again.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #11 on: 07 July 2009, 19:55 »
Get it now, who the hell takes any notice about number plates these days anyway?
When the revised ones come out next year they'll be different again for a year or two then nobody will give a hoot again.

Dealers when your looking to trade it in!!!  :cry:
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 07 July 2009, 20:17 »
True I guess, but as the GTI has only been around for a short time and there are very few 09 platers around I doubt it'll make that much difference. Depends on what demand there is for the car.
My mk5 GTI is an early one and actually has bits of spec that are better than later ones (if you can live without shiny radio buttons!!) so the mk6 may get the same treatment after a year or so. TBH when getting P/X prices from dealers when looking at mk6s they vary so much I think they just pluck a figure from the air, I've even spoken to the same dealer a couple of times using different salesmen and still the figures vary..... :rolleyes: Make of that what you will!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 07 July 2009, 20:18 »

Dealers when your looking to trade it in!!!  :cry:

Doubt it'll make any difference here, I px'd my Scirocco on a 08 plate and got the same value as a 58'er.

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 07 July 2009, 20:53 »
True I guess, but as the GTI has only been around for a short time and there are very few 09 platers around I doubt it'll make that much difference. Depends on what demand there is for the car.
My mk5 GTI is an early one and actually has bits of spec that are better than later ones (if you can live without shiny radio buttons!!) so the mk6 may get the same treatment after a year or so. TBH when getting P/X prices from dealers when looking at mk6s they vary so much I think they just pluck a figure from the air, I've even spoken to the same dealer a couple of times using different salesmen and still the figures vary..... :rolleyes: Make of that what you will!

Thats very true, the early mk5's had a lot of little touches that were cheapened out on the later models.  The press attention was over by then  :wink:
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #15 on: 07 July 2009, 21:03 »

Thats very true, the early mk5's had a lot of little touches that were cheapened out on the later models.  The press attention was over by then  :wink:

I think with the car not officially being sold till mid June anyway....thinking about it, and the lead times for the cars, I doubt there is more than a handful of 09's out there.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 07 July 2009, 21:07 »
may 22nd was launch date,placed my order then thats how i know.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #17 on: 07 July 2009, 21:08 »
may 22nd was launch date,placed my order then thats how i know.

Ahh ok I thought it was mid june.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 07 July 2009, 22:17 »
For myself, if I could actually find the money now, I'd get it now.  Unless you're genuinely unwilling to leave it outside until the garage is finished.

Rolfe.

Offline themanmath

• Just got here
« Reply #19 on: 07 July 2009, 23:28 »
Cheers all, pretty even have it now/wait

I think I am going to wait (forgot to say earlier I am away for two weeks in august too). Then again I might change my mind in a day or so and ring the dealer back.

Either way really looking forward to it....