Author Topic: Car available early - what do I do???  (Read 6176 times)

Offline themanmath

• Just got here
Car available early - what do I do???
« on: 07 July 2009, 13:32 »
Hey,

Ordered my gti (metallic blk, 18 wheels and luxury) end of may - told delivery was first week in sept on a 59.

My dealer just rang and offered it early, been built already and available for me by end of the month.

Pros of having it early
• Drive it sooner!

Cons of having it sooner
• The garage I am building isn't finished yet
• I would be better placed financially if I wait till sept as I am saving up my 30% deposit in time for sep
• It would then be a 09 not a 59

So, if you were me, what would you do??

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: Car available early - what do I do???
« Reply #1 on: 07 July 2009, 13:34 »
Firstly, congrats on your car !!!

That pro is so bloody tempting !   :grin:

So the dealer will have it at beg of Aug. Personally if it were me I'd tell him to keep it and not register it till 59.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 07 July 2009, 13:47 »
I'd get it asap.
Currently digging a bunker.

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #3 on: 07 July 2009, 16:31 »
Hi there

If I were you, you've waited all June and it will be all of July why not add another month and get it for 1st September delivery on a nice 59 plate.  You'll probably be one of the first for that month and you'll turn a few heads in the fact that you have yourself a lovely new car add to that, that it's a GTI it's a no brainer!!

Congrats on a nice sounding car and the fact that it's black even better cos mine is gonna be pearl black and I'm going to hold off till September too. :grin:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #4 on: 07 July 2009, 17:08 »
Hi there

If I were you, you've waited all June and it will be all of July why not add another month and get it for 1st September delivery on a nice 59 plate.  You'll probably be one of the first for that month and you'll turn a few heads in the fact that you have yourself a lovely new car add to that, that it's a GTI it's a no brainer!!

Congrats on a nice sounding car and the fact that it's black even better cos mine is gonna be pearl black and I'm going to hold off till September too. :grin:

I am with Gizzy... I would wait and have it on a 59 in Septmeber. Especially if your garage isn't finished!!!
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 07 July 2009, 17:31 »
wait til 59 :smiley:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 07 July 2009, 18:40 »
Get as soon as possible,you lose so much money on new cars anyway.getting mine asap,don`t care about waiting untill sep.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 07 July 2009, 18:58 »
Wait till sept.  :cry:
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

"Sounds just like a Golf"

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 07 July 2009, 19:01 »
Get it now.  I wouldn't be able to go without sleep until September  :evil:

At the moment you would be fairly unique on the road.  Come september maybe not...
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 07 July 2009, 19:03 »
get it now mate, who gives a monkeys 09 or 59! It's summer and the car is awesome!