GolfGTIforum.co.uk

Model specific boards => Golf mk3 => Topic started by: GTIANNIVERSARY16V on 02 June 2012, 19:17

Title: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: GTIANNIVERSARY16V on 02 June 2012, 19:17
Much appreciation For Deano today, he helped me get the right caliper for my car and even fitted it.
I can once again drive my car xD
Cheers.
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Deano2711 on 02 June 2012, 20:24
No probs whatsoever Mate......heres some of the pics we took:

(http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/Deano2711/Annispic.jpg)

(http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/Deano2711/Annispic4.jpg)

(http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/Deano2711/Annispic3-1.jpg)

(http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/Deano2711/Annispic2-1.jpg)

See ya soon Mate  :cool:
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: 67buggers on 02 June 2012, 20:27
This by the water front? I'm not far away from you guys
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Deano2711 on 02 June 2012, 20:29
It is indeed Mate.......I live right by Russells Hall Hospital so not that far really.
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: DUBboi12 on 02 June 2012, 20:30
Gotta say they look good together  :smiley:
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: liva2704 on 02 June 2012, 20:36
Looking good guys bet you get some looks cruising together
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: GTIANNIVERSARY16V on 02 June 2012, 20:39
Its great riding together (damn, sounds gay), deano knows his stuff, hes welcome to have a tinker with my car anytime.
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Turbotezz on 02 June 2012, 21:02
This by the water front? I'm not far away from you guys

Another local!!!

Thinking of a locals meet sometime???
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: 67buggers on 02 June 2012, 21:03
I'll k my eyes peeled for you I'm around there quite a bit
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: liva2704 on 02 June 2012, 21:05
Im not too far from brum either so id be up for a get together.
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: search on 02 June 2012, 21:07
It must be love, love love.... looking good.
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: stainesy on 02 June 2012, 21:09
cars look good but deano you need to drop the ars end of your car abit more mate
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Deano2711 on 02 June 2012, 21:22
cars look good but deano you need to drop the ars end of your car abit more mate

I would love to Mate but keep having trouble with scraping. I have already rolled the arches but if I dropped the arse end would not get on my drive or into work either.
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: GTIANNIVERSARY16V on 02 June 2012, 21:24
I'm up for local gatherings.
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Deano2711 on 02 June 2012, 21:26
Local meetings is a good idea......
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: stainesy on 02 June 2012, 21:26
cars look good but deano you need to drop the ars end of your car abit more mate

I would love to Mate but keep having trouble with scraping. I have already rolled the arches but if I dropped the arse end would not get on my drive or into work either.

Have you removed the metal tourtion bar things that hang under your exhaust front and back?
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Deano2711 on 02 June 2012, 21:36
No Mate but front anti roll bar has popped out. Its the sills and front splitter that catch. Not too fussed about the splitter as they can be changed easily but not prepared to scrape the sills too much.
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Bellend on 02 June 2012, 21:47
Perhaps lift the front a tad then? It's looking great though mate! :cool:

You need to loosen the bonnet, pull it back on the right hand side though and possibly adjust the right rubber stop.
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: leigh_harty on 02 June 2012, 21:49
(http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/Deano2711/Annispic3-1.jpg)

Is your plate hanging off?
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: kahunajb on 02 June 2012, 21:58
No probs whatsoever Mate......heres some of the pics we took:

(http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/Deano2711/Annispic.jpg)

(http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/Deano2711/Annispic4.jpg)

(http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/Deano2711/Annispic3-1.jpg)

(http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/Deano2711/Annispic2-1.jpg)

See ya soon Mate  :cool:

True love.

Looking good.
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: GTIANNIVERSARY16V on 02 June 2012, 22:04
Bellend, deanos plate was hanging off, i think he's decided to bolt it in lol those sticky pads don't seem to be working.
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Shady Pioneer on 02 June 2012, 22:11
Pair of gays...(wish I was there)  :grin:
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: kahunajb on 02 June 2012, 22:20
Shady seen your dub rides. It's starting to look more and more like mine each day.
 :grin:......... Minus 8 valves.
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: leigh_harty on 02 June 2012, 22:21
Bellend, deanos plate was hanging off, i think he's decided to bolt it in lol those sticky pads don't seem to be working.

Im not quite sure you think im bellend or calling me a bellend haha
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Deano2711 on 02 June 2012, 22:23
(http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/Deano2711/Annispic3-1.jpg)

Is your plate hanging off?

Yes Mate....tried loads but it wont stick.....last resort is to drill but leaving it till last minute.
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: 67buggers on 02 June 2012, 22:24
I'm up for a local meet
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: GTIANNIVERSARY16V on 02 June 2012, 22:24
Sorry, got your name wrong haha
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Shady Pioneer on 02 June 2012, 22:25
Shady seen your dub rides. It's starting to look more and more like mine each day.
 :grin:......... Minus 8 valves.


Jog on. :grin: I need to give it a damn good clean, then going to take it easy and see what I want to do next.

Want a 1.8T in there really!

Deano, Sticky pads from B&Q did the trick for me, made by Velcro (brand). Stick like sh!t. :grin:
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Deano2711 on 02 June 2012, 22:27
Shady seen your dub rides. It's starting to look more and more like mine each day.
 :grin:......... Minus 8 valves.


Jog on. :grin: I need to give it a damn good clean, then going to take it easy and see what I want to do next.

Want a 1.8T in there really!

Deano, Sticky pads from B&Q did the trick for me, made by Velcro (brand). Stick like sh!t. :grin:

Theres about a dozen on that plate.....some cheapo ones and many expensive ones..about four different brands but none seem to stick
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: GTIANNIVERSARY16V on 02 June 2012, 22:28
Of anyone wants to organise one I'm game lol
Last time I organised an event it nearly ended up on news at ten.
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Turbotezz on 02 June 2012, 22:29
Worth starting a new thread, who wants to organise it??? :rolleyes:
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: GTIANNIVERSARY16V on 02 June 2012, 22:31
Haha only one rule. No where near a McDonald's, don't want a load of Saxos turning up
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: GTIANNIVERSARY16V on 02 June 2012, 22:32
And somewhere where's there's beer xD
See I shouldn't organise.....
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: leigh_harty on 02 June 2012, 22:37
And somewhere where's there's beer xD
See I shouldn't organise.....

Beer trumps mackies though  :wink:
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Deano2711 on 02 June 2012, 22:49
Can't drink and drive and also can't get over speed bumps at Maccie D's  :grin:
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: GTIANNIVERSARY16V on 02 June 2012, 22:51
Lol I'm game for anywhere
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: liva2704 on 02 June 2012, 23:01
No beer!!
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Gavv8 on 02 June 2012, 23:06
Top fella Deano is, sold me a set of used shocks+springs very cheaply and they are doing a good job till i can sort some coilovers.
P.S...Gripfill for the rear plate.
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: kahunajb on 02 June 2012, 23:08
Shady seen your dub rides. It's starting to look more and more like mine each day.
 :grin:......... Minus 8 valves.


Jog on. :grin: I need to give it a damn good clean, then going to take it easy and see what I want to do next.

Want a 1.8T in there really!

Deano, Sticky pads from B&Q did the trick for me, made by Velcro (brand). Stick like sh!t. :grin:
First 1.8t anniversary would be legendary.
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Shady Pioneer on 02 June 2012, 23:21
Shady seen your dub rides. It's starting to look more and more like mine each day.
 :grin:......... Minus 8 valves.


Jog on. :grin: I need to give it a damn good clean, then going to take it easy and see what I want to do next.

Want a 1.8T in there really!

Deano, Sticky pads from B&Q did the trick for me, made by Velcro (brand). Stick like sh!t. :grin:
First 1.8t anniversary would be legendary.
Not sure it would be the first but would be legendary I must admit. :undecided:
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: kahunajb on 02 June 2012, 23:24
Who has already done it?
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Turbotezz on 03 June 2012, 09:38
The Glassworks inbetween Wordsley and Amblecote. Pub with a good size car park right next to a VW dealership. Perfect place??
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: GTIANNIVERSARY16V on 03 June 2012, 10:02
I'm game, don't know where it is.... But I'm game lol
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Deano2711 on 03 June 2012, 10:06
The Gladsworks is a good location but how about somewhere like The Pint and Two Halves which is right on the M'way junction for better access for more members ??
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: GTIANNIVERSARY16V on 03 June 2012, 10:15
I'm up for anything, what about dates? Sunday next week?
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Turbotezz on 03 June 2012, 10:27
The Gladsworks is a good location but how about somewhere like The Pint and Two Halves which is right on the M'way junction for better access for more members ??

Theres The Black Horse, on Manor Way just off Junc 3, they like car meets there but last time i went they had some savage speedramps. Got my -70mm Calibra over them with no scraping tho
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: Deano2711 on 03 June 2012, 10:50
I used to go to a Mark 2 Escort meeting there.....it is a good place with a large car park and is right by the M'way junction so a good place. Hopefully more members from Birmingham area will travel ??????
Title: Re: Shoutout To Deano2711
Post by: 67buggers on 03 June 2012, 18:07
The used to be air cooled meets at the glassworks and the one And two halves both were good locations. When I was in riverside rod and custom we used to meet at toys r us in old bury then cruise in convoy to a different pub every month. Looked ace