Author Topic: Reg plates  (Read 3352 times)

Offline T_J_G

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,279
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #10 on: 30 July 2008, 16:02 »
Yes, I'm after legal UK pressed steel effect plates. Dubmeister do them but I don't want to send off my V5. They won't accept photocopies which I think's a bit daft so I'm not going to bother with them.

I looked at dubmesiter and couldnt find any dealers within 50 miles. maybe they shoul;d have got the delaers sorted...

I

Offline Ben_1uk

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 828
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #11 on: 30 July 2008, 16:04 »
Yeah I know, bit disappointing really!


Powered by the fuel of satan!

Offline vapor matt

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 210
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #12 on: 30 July 2008, 19:17 »
Try here. its where i got mine from and they are quick on delivery aswell! lots of type faces and styles to choose from.

http://www.fancyplates.com/


AGU. DSG intake. Eibach pro s coilovers. 312mm brakes. Miltech D-kat. KO3's. FMIC. R-Tech stage 2 remap. Big smile, bald tyres!

Offline Ben_1uk

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 828
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #13 on: 31 July 2008, 12:04 »
I'm going to order myself a set of standard plates from GT Grafix as I've used them in the past. They're fast, good quality and you don't need to send off a DNA sample to have them made either :laugh:

I've just noticed that the club sells branded number plate holders :cool: Might seem a real dumb Q (and probably is) but will a standard UK plate measuring 522 x 112 (mm) fit?

Thanks.


Powered by the fuel of satan!

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #14 on: 31 July 2008, 12:37 »
I've just noticed that the club sells branded number plate holders :cool: Might seem a real dumb Q (and probably is) but will a standard UK plate measuring 522 x 112 (mm) fit?

Thanks.

they will :afro:

Offline dai-cymru

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,601
  • 1989 MK2 16V
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #15 on: 31 July 2008, 15:42 »
Yes, I'm after legal UK pressed steel effect plates. Dubmeister do them but I don't want to send off my V5. They won't accept photocopies which I think's a bit daft so I'm not going to bother with them.


not daft it's now uk law and has been for some time

Offline Ben_1uk

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 828
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #16 on: 31 July 2008, 16:13 »
Quote
Quote from: Ben_1uk on July 30, 2008, 16:01
Yes, I'm after legal UK pressed steel effect plates. Dubmeister do them but I don't want to send off my V5. They won't accept photocopies which I think's a bit daft so I'm not going to bother with them.



not daft it's now uk law and has been for some time

I understand why they ask for proof of ID and car ownership but a photocopy should suffice!


Powered by the fuel of satan!

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #17 on: 31 July 2008, 16:14 »
Quote
Quote from: Ben_1uk on July 30, 2008, 16:01
Yes, I'm after legal UK pressed steel effect plates. Dubmeister do them but I don't want to send off my V5. They won't accept photocopies which I think's a bit daft so I'm not going to bother with them.



not daft it's now uk law and has been for some time

I understand why they ask for proof of ID and car ownership but a photocopy should suffice!

but any one with photoshop etc can rustle up a dodgy photocopy!

Offline Ben_1uk

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 828
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #18 on: 31 July 2008, 16:35 »
Quote
but any one with photoshop etc can rustle up a dodgy photocopy!

I'm sure if somebody had the time and the know-how an original could be forged also...


Powered by the fuel of satan!

Offline Jamm89

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 283
  • Mk4 GTI 2ltr 3door Black
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #19 on: 31 July 2008, 16:43 »
http://www.europl8.net/home.html
Ive had 2 sets from these guys and been very impressed with the service.