Author Topic: Reg plates  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Ben_1uk

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 828
Reg plates
« on: 29 July 2008, 21:23 »
Does anybody know of a decent site I can order myself a set of brand new (legal) shiney plates?

Thanks.


Powered by the fuel of satan!

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2008, 21:25 »
Dubmeister is one - they've started doing legal pressed plates now too though i think you have to either go there in person or send in a copy of your V5

Offline Ben_1uk

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 828
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2008, 08:48 »
Not keen on the idea of sending my original V5 off. There's nowhere local to me that does them either.

Anywhere else that does the pressed steel plates?


Powered by the fuel of satan!

Offline leeroy20vt

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,951
  • h reg mk2 gti
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #3 on: 30 July 2008, 09:15 »
THERES a place on ebay does em just waiting for mi9ne to turn up

Offline Ben_1uk

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 828
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2008, 10:08 »
Quote
THERES a place on ebay does em just waiting for mi9ne to turn up

Not a fan of "fleabay" mate. Anywhere else?


Powered by the fuel of satan!

Offline leeroy20vt

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,951
  • h reg mk2 gti
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #5 on: 30 July 2008, 11:21 »
ask t j g for a pic they look top quality m8 and there cheap enough i won mine for 9.50 bargain   
i think he also has a web site called the plate man or somthink like that ill try and find it for u

Offline T_J_G

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,279
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #6 on: 30 July 2008, 15:42 »
ask t j g for a pic they look top quality m8 and there cheap enough i won mine for 9.50 bargain   
i think he also has a web site called the plate man or somthink like that ill try and find it for u

Think Ben is after some legal ones though. Those plates we got aren't legal.

Offline Ben_1uk

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 828
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #7 on: 30 July 2008, 15:52 »
There's got to be somewhere that does them :cry:


Powered by the fuel of satan!

Offline T_J_G

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,279
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #8 on: 30 July 2008, 15:54 »
There's got to be somewhere that does them :cry:

Halfords do standard plates. So you are after legal ones then?

Offline Ben_1uk

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 828
Re: Reg plates
« Reply #9 on: 30 July 2008, 16:01 »
Yes, I'm after legal UK pressed steel effect plates. Dubmeister do them but I don't want to send off my V5. They won't accept photocopies which I think's a bit daft so I'm not going to bother with them.


Powered by the fuel of satan!