Author Topic: amp wiring question  (Read 1656 times)

kniterider

amp wiring question
« on: 27 April 2004, 21:39 »
right , got this sony sub, being run off a mono sony amp throught the out puts (subwoofer) from the head unit, works ok no probs nice and bassy, right, also have some  6x9 jbl speakers either side of sub in rear shelf, these were originally run off of head unit, but i have been given another amp, not sure what brand it is, its a 4 chaneel jobby, 200w 4 x 50 w i thinks, now i dont want it to run 4 speakers os i think its a bit of a waste can the front and rear channels (left front and left rear) be bridged to power 100w rather than the 50w?? and same for the right hand side, i can sort the front rear rca inputs no probs just wondering if possible to use the full power rather than the poxy 50w per side to these jbl 6x9's??? any help please?

Gaz 8)

Offline lowgolf

• Here all the time
Re:amp wiring question
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2004, 21:43 »
Amps can only be bridged if they have been designed that way? What is the exact model? Does it say it can be bridged?
<br /><br />Yeah!!!

kniterider

« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2004, 21:58 »
no idea what brand/model it is, it has 4 rca inputs92 xfront, 2xrear) 4 speaker out puts (2xfront,2xrear) with a fader type switch things, 50w to each channel, was just wondering if i went from say right rear speaker+ to right front speaker - , would i get 100w as apossed to 50w from eithe rof the channels?? there both recieving the same right stereo input from the head unit so its not like you mixing left and right stereo signals??

will check it out with a multi meter tomorrow and se eif it will  work in theory??

Gaz 8)

not bothered if it dont work as was given amp so its not like i went out and splashed the cash on it!!! rather spend loose change on buying more golfs......

Offline Overseer

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2004, 09:33 »
you'd need the manual to bridge it that way.

i'm running the two subs in my boot that way off an alphine amp.
Used to have a '97 MK3 16v GTI 3dr in 'Black Magic'... now have a '55 Civic Type-S...

kniterider

« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2004, 13:48 »
sorted all up and running!! ;D

gaz 8)