Author Topic: I need a new trip computer  (Read 5532 times)

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #10 on: 27 March 2008, 20:48 »
So it isn't a straight swap...  Is it definitely going to work in an old 1999 Golf?

should work i think.

your current clocks are Immob 2; they will be 3 so are backwards compatible  :smiley:

you also need to ensure that you get the same clocks as i think there are 3 manufacturers
VDO
Motometer
Bosch

Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #11 on: 27 March 2008, 20:48 »
God I'm always asking questions!!

If I buy one of those does anyone know roughly what I need to do to get it working?  Is it like you said, faffing around getting it sorted?  Reckon a garage could do it?

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #12 on: 27 March 2008, 20:49 »
God I'm always asking questions!!

If I buy one of those does anyone know roughly what I need to do to get it working?  Is it like you said, faffing around getting it sorted?  Reckon a garage could do it?

dealer or someone like Awesome GTI should be able to sort them for an hours labour or so.  Give Awesome a ring and see what they say  :smiley:

Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #13 on: 27 March 2008, 20:52 »
Awesome eh, good idea!  I'll see what they say :)

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #14 on: 27 March 2008, 20:53 »
Awesome eh, good idea!  I'll see what they say :)

full of good ideas me!! not so good for your wallet  :grin: :grin: :wink:

Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #15 on: 27 March 2008, 20:54 »
If I don't get the trip computer sorted it's going to bug be until the day I get another car  :grin:

Offline richw911

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 18,673
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #17 on: 27 March 2008, 23:13 »
Excellent read!  How god damn sexy is that??




Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #18 on: 27 March 2008, 23:20 »
Guys, question.

If I get a new speedo thingy in my car, will it still show the correct mileage??

Offline Immortal

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 308
  • 1.8 Turbo GTI (AUM)
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #19 on: 28 March 2008, 00:06 »
Excellent read!  How god damn sexy is that??





I want a full FIS now!