Author Topic: I need a new trip computer  (Read 5532 times)

Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
I need a new trip computer
« on: 27 March 2008, 20:27 »
I know I know, the stealers.  But short of that, does anyone know anywhere that sells them?  Mines pretty much faded all of the time now :(

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2008, 20:29 »
I know I know, the stealers.  But short of that, does anyone know anywhere that sells them?  Mines pretty much faded all of the time now :(

you'll need another set of complete clocks mate; no way around that  :sad:

Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2008, 20:31 »
Grrr, that is so annoying.  You know it's going to be stupidly expensive too!!

I wonder if there's any way of installing the nicer Audi trip computer instead :)

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2008, 20:33 »
Grrr, that is so annoying.  You know it's going to be stupidly expensive too!!

I wonder if there's any way of installing the nicer Audi trip computer instead :)

clocks are different shape i believe.

Best bet is to get a set of 2nd hand clocks and get them recoded.  what year is your car? will determine what you can fit as they move from Immobilser 2 to 3 during production.

You'll also need the SKC code of the new clocks to code them to your car and your keys.

its doable but takes a bit of know how and VAG COM

Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #4 on: 27 March 2008, 20:34 »
Mines a 1999 T reg.

Offline richw911

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 18,673
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #5 on: 27 March 2008, 20:39 »
Bora sport clocks it is then..... :afro: more mods  :grin:


MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #6 on: 27 March 2008, 20:42 »
Bora sport clocks it is then..... :afro: more mods  :grin:


I REALLY like that!!!

Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...

Offline richw911

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 18,673
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline bobbarley

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,614
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: I need a new trip computer
« Reply #9 on: 27 March 2008, 20:46 »
So it isn't a straight swap...  Is it definitely going to work in an old 1999 Golf?