Author Topic: 07 Spec GTI vs 08 Spec GTI  (Read 6110 times)

Offline rajSantiago

• Just got here
07 Spec GTI vs 08 Spec GTI
« on: 17 May 2007, 11:53 »
Hi All,

I have the option of ordering the current 07 spec GTI or if i wait another month, the  08 spec GTI(mind you delivery will be october - november either way). Currently i have informed the dealer to hold off the order till end of next month so i can get the 08 spec. To be honest, i don't know what the 08 spec is, but i figured that VW might fix all the little niggleys and might even harden the DSG operation (if it does have any faults at all...). Does anyone know what the 08 spec is ? If it means more cost cutting as i have been reading and no new features, i might as well place the order now?!?.......

Offline SEACAP

• Not said much yet
Re: 07 Spec GTI vs 08 Spec GTI
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2007, 00:00 »
Hi,   I ordered my GTI on the 23rd march and spoke to the supplier this week who told me there might be a delay due to the facelift model coming out, he said mine could be one of the first facelift models? but does not know yet.  I also would like to know what differences are on the facelift ?   I,ve seen pictures of the facelift  GT TDI and some other models but don't know about the GTI !  Is it just the lights that are different or will the front grill be different aswell, like ther R32 ?

Seacap

Offline Robin

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2007, 23:09 »
From TSN ...

Main Golf Changes are:

All trim levels (incl. GTI)
• Rod aerial replaces ‘shark fin’ aerial when the optional satellite navigation system
is ordered.
• Introduction of new generation immobiliser. Generation IV.
• AC button instead of ECON button for climatronic air conditioning
• New feature on climatronic air conditioning unit. Air quality sensor with automatic
changeover switch.
• Change to the symbols on the indicator/wiper lever.
• The black centre armrest with fabric covering will be changed from a ’fell’ seam to
a ‘join’ seam. This will be introduced from Week 22 onwards.
• Removal of optional factory fit telephone preparation. Available as aftersales fit
only.

R32
• 18” Zolder alloy wheels replaced by 18” Omanyt.
• New steering wheel clip with ‘R32’ logo.
2007 GTi, DSG, 18" Monza IIs, leather, tinted glass, parking, ipod prep, hill hold, cruise, highline and not forgetting - open grille fog light surrounds!

Offline SteveS

• I live here
  • GTI ED30
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2007, 00:39 »
no facelift?

i have my e30 on order and ill b gutted if the new one looks better
SteveS

ED30: Carbonio Intake & Filter | Blueflame TBE | Ebach Sportlines | Neuspeed Torque Arm Insert | Forge DV | REVO Stage2 [353BHP/360lb/ft]

Offline SEACAP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2007, 01:26 »
Hi Robin,  Thanks for that !!    In your opinion are the changes for the better ?  Oops looks like I got it wrong about the lights and grill !!

SEACAP

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2007, 10:23 »
I was kind of worried when I read this post at first, and then even more worried when it said 'after build week 22' - as mine is week 20!

The Ed30 has a leather armrest - so that one wont apply, and neither will the SatNav one for me.
The only things different will be the air conditioning, immobiliser and the symbol on the wiper lever - which is hardly worth getting upset about!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline 2007GTI

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2007, 11:10 »
no facelift?

i have my e30 on order and ill b gutted if the new one looks better

Surely they wont be facelifting as the new Mk6 comes out next year.
2014 Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr in Carbon Grey, 18s, leather

Gone but not forgotten '07 Mk5 GTI DSG (2006 to 2014)

Offline SteveS

• I live here
  • GTI ED30
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2007, 11:33 »
fewwwwwwwwwwwww!
SteveS

ED30: Carbonio Intake & Filter | Blueflame TBE | Ebach Sportlines | Neuspeed Torque Arm Insert | Forge DV | REVO Stage2 [353BHP/360lb/ft]

Phil mcavity

« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2007, 16:02 »
GTI MK 6 is along way off, end of 2009

Offline SteveS

• I live here
  • GTI ED30
« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2007, 16:06 »
GTI MK 6 is along way off, end of 2009

if that is correct, im really happy!!
SteveS