Author Topic: Changing of MK4 HU  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Dreamchaser

• Just got here
Changing of MK4 HU
« on: 04 February 2004, 17:56 »
hi guys i am intending to change my orginal headunit to one with CD/MP3 player. However, i intend to keep the orginal speakers. Can anyone recommend me any good HU with CD/mp3 player that works well with my orginal speaker. Any change of connectors involve when changing to a new HU. I intend to spend less than 150 pounds on my new HU. Cheers.  ;)

kniterider

Re:Changing of MK4 HU
« Reply #1 on: 04 February 2004, 20:52 »
what ever head unit u decide on should be a direct fit, and plug starigh into vw loom, dunno what would run with standard speakers best, im sure an audio expert will point u in the right direction shortly!! ;D

Offline snowball

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 04 February 2004, 20:59 »
new golf speakers r quite good anyway so u will find mosy HU will run sweet !!

good luck  ;D
2000 vw golf cab S3 engine , revo'd , s3 clocks , 18" rims, LSD, sps3 controller , nos ,RR sheet coming soon.
www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk

Offline gazzagtiT

• Here all the time
  • Houston, we hav a pic here!!
« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2004, 22:03 »
http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/index.php+RCsid+66031db9c7daf260821729734dfdd4f2
Try this link, they do some good stereo's at discount.
I,ve got a pioneer m.... something.I'l let you know the exact model when i can. It sounds really good wiv the standered speakers, and they colours look perfectfor the vw dash! Would really reccomend it! ;D

Its all better now very shiny, but now the windows have gone again! and shocks are squeaking like mice!!aarrgghhh