Author Topic: heater matrix  (Read 1981 times)

Offline ian86

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 10
Re: heater matrix
« Reply #10 on: 21 December 2006, 15:58 »
well thanks for the understandin, lol. Well ihave just ordered a new bypass valve should be here saturday!

Offline NewStu

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 271
Re: heater matrix
« Reply #11 on: 21 December 2006, 16:16 »
Sod the valves. Just cut them out and put a bit of 10mm copper pipe in their place. Belive me you wont be disapointed!

Offline ian86

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 10
Re: heater matrix
« Reply #12 on: 21 December 2006, 17:51 »
well i've already got the part comin now anyway so would be silly not to fit it as i've paid for it, lol. I just hope that sorts the problem and that its not my matrix thats gone. Probably try and blast that clean when i fit the new valve anyway.

sacvwgolf

  • Guest
Re: heater matrix
« Reply #13 on: 21 December 2006, 18:06 »
good for you i haven't replaced the bypass valve and i managed fine with hot air.

Offline mattneck(Beavis)

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,909
  • Bristol's Own (DJ) Beavis ;-)
Re: heater matrix
« Reply #14 on: 26 December 2006, 12:52 »
ian, how have you got on with the new valves? im still kind of sketchy on the total removal of valves idea, and the messign around and sheer laobur of doing the matrix is off putting also..

just wanna know if it's been any good to you repalcing it, caus I might take the same route  :smiley:
Sig Removed. No Longer Applicable. New Sig? Nah. Not Yet..

Quote
Sharpo says: (16:57:39)
to be honest i dont doubt that half ggti users have a shortcut on their desktop for sharpie's last posts

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: heater matrix
« Reply #15 on: 27 December 2006, 10:30 »
The valves arnt a total fix for the matrix failing, I;ve seen plenty go on cars even with the valves fitted, and some that are still going strong which have never had the valves.

My GTI had them removed before I got it, and I've had it for a year with nothing but lovely toasty warm heaters :cool:

Replacing the matrix isn't that hard really, its just lots of messing about.  If you take your time and follow the instructions you'll get thru it no bother!  If I was to do it again tho I'd take the dash out!
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.