Author Topic: MK 5 R32 Review  (Read 34674 times)

Offline MikeGTI

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK 5 R32 Review
« Reply #130 on: 28 February 2008, 13:14 »
I'd be interested to know if the London based R32 owners will be swapping to GTI's once they start getting charged £25 a time by the new Congestion Charge?

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #131 on: 28 February 2008, 14:10 »
I'd be interested to know if the London based R32 owners will be swapping to GTI's once they start getting charged £25 a time by the new Congestion Charge?

Its a joke like but if I lived in London I wouldnt have a GTi or an R32 I dont think. No point having a car like that to sit in traffic and nowhere to give her the beans.
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #132 on: 28 February 2008, 15:55 »
The only people that drive into London and pay the charge either have too much money so dont care or run a business / work for a business so the cost is put towards the business. The CC is around central London and if you work around there then chances are you will be getting the train into work.

With regards to the comment about not wanting to own a GTi in London, thats just silly imo.

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #133 on: 28 February 2008, 16:38 »
We have a house in baker street and every time i visit the UK thats where i stay and to be honest with all this congestion charge etc i wouldnt even consider keeping a car in London. To get around Central London you can get trains and busses which do offer a good service which is what i use considering baker street stating is literally right under the house  :smiley:

Considering the R32....i am one step closer to it as its on its way to Gibraltar...i should have it here for easter holidays hopefully giving me the chance to run the car in and stuff so will deffinatley keep you guys posted!

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #134 on: 29 February 2008, 08:48 »
Good Good, im sure you are mega excited! Cant wait to hear what you think about the car, especially after coming from a GTI. Can I just add, as your R is brand new you will not believe the difference in her once it is loosened up. Mine now has 20k miles on it and she is so much quicker. I know a VW dealer and he let me drive one a few weeks ago with 2k miles on it, just so I could do a good comparision. It honestly felt mine had an extra 30bhp. My point is, dont expect the rush of power you get from a turbo, just watch the speedo lol and allow the engine time to bed in.

Oh, and I drove mine to the limit from the day I got it and I believe it is now quicker for doing so.
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #135 on: 29 February 2008, 09:01 »
4 hours!!!  :shocked:  :shocked:  :laugh:  :evil:  :nerd:  :smug:  :drool:  :laugh:  :shocked:

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #136 on: 29 February 2008, 11:28 »
Synnea...did u not do any running in then?? You just left the dealership and floored it :P
Apparantleyy....thats not good for the car lol then aswell...APPARANTLEY

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #137 on: 29 February 2008, 11:33 »
Yep  :smiley:. My decision of course and I shall live with the consequences if any down the line. In my opinion none.  My R goes like a rocket now, ecu learning etc  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: love love love it!! I bought an R32 to drive it like its meant to be driven not a polo 1.2  :cool:

20k miles later nothing but a bigger smile on my face  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 29 February 2008, 11:37 by synnea »

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #138 on: 29 February 2008, 12:30 »
Sounds good...you should post some pics of it....i really really like the DPB  :smiley:

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #139 on: 29 February 2008, 14:06 »
I did and you have seen them - refresh your memory..

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=74657.msg599042#msg599042

:)

I look forward to seeing yours in the red!