Author Topic: MK 5 R32 Review  (Read 34787 times)

Offline chrissyr32

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK 5 R32 Review
« Reply #120 on: 11 February 2008, 14:38 »
Also forgot to mention i have hit roundabouts at speeds i wouldnt have dared in my GTI!!.The 32,s back end just seems to bite in,Awesome fun!!

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #121 on: 16 February 2008, 20:38 »
I have to agree. I have had mine for 6months now and covered 8000 miles and it just gets better and better to drive. Its brilliant on the motorway but where it really excells is across winding country roads. Its just so sure footed, it allows the driver to get a-b with no drama at silly speeds without kicking up a fuss. By this I mean with the occupants... mr plod wouldnt be too happy!!

The grip levels are incredible and I have lost count the number of times I try to go round large round abouts at the speed limit. The car definately gets more appreciation than the Gti but thats probably because it just sounds awsome... people just have to ask whats under the hood!! I have to say I enjoy this level of exclusitivity... as many people just havent heard or seen many R32's about!

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #122 on: 17 February 2008, 14:20 »
I have been curious to know how is the power delivery compared from the GTI to the R32...the GTI you sort of start slow and then you sorta get a sudden rush due to the Turbo....how would it compare to the R32??

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!

Offline chrissyr32

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #123 on: 17 February 2008, 15:05 »
I have been curious to know how is the power delivery compared from the GTI to the R32...the GTI you sort of start slow and then you sorta get a sudden rush due to the Turbo....how would it compare to the R32??

No sudden rush at all Manu.Just smooth progressive power.When i test drove my first 32 initally i thought i was slow as you dont get the sudden rush from the turbo i was ued to n my GTI, but after a few miles you appreciate the delievery.Just love really opening it up although you sometimes have to keep the  revs high to keep the pace up but i love it. :grin:

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #124 on: 17 February 2008, 15:21 »
I would think this makes it harder to drive then....

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!

Offline chrissyr32

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #125 on: 17 February 2008, 15:53 »
Not really still a joy to drive, I find mine perfect round town and even better long range.
Sometimes find i may have to drop it a gear but with that exhaust noise its always worthy doing anyway!! :evil:

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #126 on: 17 February 2008, 16:06 »
I thought i said it would be harder to drive as im used to driving my friends 1.2's and 1.4s where you really need to wait for some sort of power to kick in lol but i guess a 3.2 would be alot more different  :smiley:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #127 on: 21 February 2008, 19:16 »
I thought i said it would be harder to drive as im used to driving my friends 1.2's and 1.4s where you really need to wait for some sort of power to kick in lol but i guess a 3.2 would be alot more different  :smiley:

The power delivery is quite linear and means that most of the time esp in 2/3/4th gear you dont even have to change down a cog. When you hit the red line beware as you will be going well over the speed limit. This makes the R alot easier to drive.. even in higher gears the power is always sat in reserve. Push the pedal to the metal and before you even get to 5k revs you will be going alot faster than you realise. I just find this brilliant as it means whenever anyone else is in the car they dont have to tell me to slow down :evil:

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #128 on: 26 February 2008, 12:43 »
R32UK...im guessing your R is standard??....How do you feel about the power distribution?? Do you feel the car like pulling u (FWD) or pushing u (RWD)....its quite interesting and my R is only few weeks away!!!  :smiley:

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #129 on: 28 February 2008, 08:37 »
To add....

The moment you put your foot to the floor in the R32 you are IMMEDIATELY thrown back into your seat. Instant acceleration. There is instant power and if you shift hears for maximum acceleration when you look at the speedo you will not believe the pace your R32 has reached. It is the best car I have driven ever and I love it to bits. So much flexability. You need serious balls to even realise the amount of grip you can get in corners and I push her pretty hard. It is not a hard car to drive. Its awesome in my opinion in every respect. They are so rare and around N Ireland the amount of attention I get in mine sometime embarasses me. Every day I see people turning their heads to look...and thats even before they have heard that V6 roar. Its something special.  :smiley:
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom