Author Topic: MK 5 R32 Review  (Read 34789 times)

Offline brodier32

• Just got here
Re: MK 5 R32 Review
« Reply #110 on: 28 January 2008, 01:52 »
alright am an r32 owner had a mk4 now have a mk5 and thinks its great its 08, deep pearl blue. new to your site but so far enjoying being a member  :cool:

Offline noirvr6

• Not said much yet
« Reply #111 on: 31 January 2008, 22:15 »
ugly ugly car..ugly heavy car
[@Q\______*/Q@]
{***[noir vr6]***}

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #112 on: 01 February 2008, 12:49 »

Entitled to your opinion of course but have you driven one I wonder to at least give it a chance?  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: 01 February 2008, 13:09 by synnea »
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #113 on: 01 February 2008, 12:56 »

looks of the car can change...and so can the weight....each to their own opinion i guess..in my opinion you dont have good taste  :smiley:

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #114 on: 01 February 2008, 14:08 »

looks of the car can change...and so can the weight....each to their own opinion i guess..in my opinion you dont have good taste  :smiley:

I think thats more fact that opinion :D

Offline noirvr6

• Not said much yet
« Reply #115 on: 01 February 2008, 17:55 »

[/quote

first off,i have drivin a r32 and also the mk5.there is NOTHING on this car that carrys the gti tradition.its heavy and what really bothers me is the shape..ive got an 84 mk1(vr6 swap),97 mk3 vr6, and a 88 porsche 930.u think i have bad taste do you?lets see that bubble car of yours test time.il give u 20 years. lets see who dares call that car a classic.let alone get up to 300,000 on that motor.
[@Q\______*/Q@]
{***[noir vr6]***}

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #116 on: 02 February 2008, 03:14 »

[/quote

first off,i have drivin a r32 and also the mk5.there is NOTHING on this car that carrys the gti tradition.its heavy and what really bothers me is the shape..ive got an 84 mk1(vr6 swap),97 mk3 vr6, and a 88 porsche 930.u think i have bad taste do you?lets see that bubble car of yours test time.il give u 20 years. lets see who dares call that car a classic.let alone get up to 300,000 on that motor.

Why would the R32 carry a GTI Tradition?? They are complete different cars...and imo mate...i am 19....i have had a Renault Clio Sport 172...currently own a MK5 GTI and i do have a Red MK5 R32 on its way (all good and tasty hatcbacks).....in the Evo Magazine (114) it mentions..."It Seems The R32 is as much about projecting an image as anything else".....If i wanted performance there are other cars i could have bought...and yes being 19 i also could have afforded but i do really like the look of the R32...the sound of it...havent driven it but cant comment on it yet but im sure every one else that owns an R32 cant say that they are not happy with it....And im pretty sure the R32 turns alot more heads than quite a few other cars around.....enjoy your "classics"

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!

Offline stevieC

• Here all the time
« Reply #117 on: 03 February 2008, 22:38 »
Just read the long term test of there R32 in march edition of evo magazine they didnt like the dsg very much,there final words if your buying a R32 you should go for the manual you'll have a lot more fun.
Gtd 3dr candy white,charleston shadows

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #118 on: 04 February 2008, 20:02 »
i loved mine to bits,just wish it had a bit more poke,sometimes im very tempted to go back to one. That roar!!!!
 :grin:
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline chrissyr32

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #119 on: 11 February 2008, 14:17 »
Lot of opinion on this one chaps. I have been lucky enough to own both a MK5 GTI and two MK5 R32,S. To compare them as the same is incorrect.They are both toatally different cars in their characteristics.The GTI is a great car very nimble excellent chassis and the engine is a peach.The 32 is  a totally different driving expeirence all together.Yes the car is heavier but it is still nimble enough to leave almost or keep up with anything due to the haldex. Can i also say my 32 is getting quicker as it "loosens up".Mine is a manual and i do admit you have to catch the clutch just right for fast getaways etc but the traction never ceases to amaze me even with the traction off.
The GTI does feel lighter on its feet but that said once i,d driven the 32 i was hooked and had to have one,the noise is enough for me!!
Also the 32 does seem to get more "street cred" tham the GTI,I constatnly get asked when refuelling,parked up etc about the 32.EVO mag got it right about the image of the R32 though.There seems to be too many GTIs kcking about and i think they have lost a bit of their exclusivity.
Even so both are excellent cars guys so lets not fall out!!
Could their be a bit of jealousy GTI owners?? LOL.
Cheers
Chrissyr32.