Author Topic: ID.Polo GTI finally launched  (Read 76310 times)

Offline david25

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 593
Re: ID.Polo GTI finally launched
« Reply #30 on: 08 October 2026, 17:57 »
Pricing wise in the UK I’d expect it to be similar to the Raval VZ and the Stelantis rivals (GSE, 208 GTI etc)

ID Polos are now in dealers but official unveiling won’t be for a few more weeks.

I hope so, Drivethedeal are offering up to 15% discount on the Raval and 18% on the ID3 Neo

For the VZ its 13% at £30,400 (retail 33,495 inc 1500 grant)
https://quotes.carwow.co.uk/deals/gva/ceea8be8d3aa2d5025d1695487d14181/?store=UK-15157

Do you know if dealers are allowed to show you an ID?
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline Exonian

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 9,532
Re: ID.Polo GTI finally launched
« Reply #31 on: 08 October 2026, 20:51 »
I’m sure if you had a good relationship with your dealer they’d give you a private sneak peek under the car cover :wink:


@SR, it’s a shame the RVC has been downgraded in such a way. All of the sister cars seem to have a similar set up as regards to camera, handle and illuminated badge so it’s likely a simplicity thing for the wiring looms and parts bin on the shared production lines.
‘26 Ed50, ‘23 Leccy Mini, ‘25 8.5R, ‘23 8R, ‘20 8CS, ‘19 135iX, ‘19 TCR, ‘17 Ed40, ‘17 GTD, ‘15 7R, ‘13 GTI PP, ‘11 GTI, ‘09 GTI, ‘98 Ibiza Cupra, ‘05 GTI, ‘06 Polo GTI, ‘04 GT TDI, ‘05 Fabia vRS, ‘02 GTI T, ‘03 Ibiza TDI 130, ‘01 Leon 180, ‘89 mk2 16v, ‘99 Ibiza TDI, ‘96 VR6, ‘98 Ibiza TDI, ‘92 VR6, ‘88 mk2 8v, ‘92 Polo G40, ‘91 mk2 8v, ‘89 mk2 8v, 205 GTI 1.9, ‘83 mk1 GTI, ‘80 Scirocco GTI, plus some others I’ve forgotten 

Offline SRGTD

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,960
Re: ID.Polo GTI finally launched
« Reply #32 on: 08 October 2026, 22:19 »
@SR, it’s a shame the RVC has been downgraded in such a way. All of the sister cars seem to have a similar set up as regards to camera, handle and illuminated badge so it’s likely a simplicity thing for the wiring looms and parts bin on the shared production lines.

Yes it is a shame. I’ve had cars with an exposed RVC and it’s no fun reversing after dark in an area with no street lamps (e.g. like much of the village where I live) when the camera lens is wet and dirty after having driven in the rain :angry:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl