Author Topic: ID.Polo GTI finally launched  (Read 76434 times)

Offline SRGTD

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,960
Re: ID.Polo GTI finally launched
« Reply #20 on: 13 September 2026, 13:17 »
The Raval I was offered but never viewed (aside from a video clip sent) was in the matte green which was ultimately what frightened me off rather than any software anxiety.

I’ve seen clips and photos of an ID. Polo GTI in Magnetic Grey which contrasts really well with the red highlights.

The ID. Polo styling is more at the mature end where the Raval is aimed at trendier funky folk so I stuck with a boring old Golf.

If the target market for the Raval is trendy, funky customers, then the omission of some more vibrant paint colours seems a strange move by Cupra. If they didn’t want to go as bold as Renault has with Pop Yellow and Pop Green options for the R5, they could at least have offered the option of a decent red.

I’m with you on matte paint finishes - I’d never buy a car with matte paint; too much hassle to look after. I’d envisage repairing minor damage such as stone chips and scratches might also require panels to be resprayed rather than a simple DIY touching in with a paint pen or getting a SMART repair.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Exonian

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 9,532
Re: ID.Polo GTI finally launched
« Reply #21 on: 13 September 2026, 13:53 »
Seems to be a Cupra thing with the colours, they go right through the range. But the acid house interior light show definitely squarely aimed at the younger crowd. Young people wear darker colours.
If Cupra had aped Renault with the glow up exteriors the Raval would look like an MG4 that had been rear ended. I’m assuming they know their market and certainly their marketing is aimed at a certain demographic. VW will have some brighter colours for the Polo and I can’t see VW’s marketing people having neck and face tattoos and piercings like Cupra’s!!
Maybe it’s older people that like brighter colours and younger people go for something else?
‘26 Ed50, ‘23 Leccy Mini, ‘25 8.5R, ‘23 8R, ‘20 8CS, ‘19 135iX, ‘19 TCR, ‘17 Ed40, ‘17 GTD, ‘15 7R, ‘13 GTI PP, ‘11 GTI, ‘09 GTI, ‘98 Ibiza Cupra, ‘05 GTI, ‘06 Polo GTI, ‘04 GT TDI, ‘05 Fabia vRS, ‘02 GTI T, ‘03 Ibiza TDI 130, ‘01 Leon 180, ‘89 mk2 16v, ‘99 Ibiza TDI, ‘96 VR6, ‘98 Ibiza TDI, ‘92 VR6, ‘88 mk2 8v, ‘92 Polo G40, ‘91 mk2 8v, ‘89 mk2 8v, 205 GTI 1.9, ‘83 mk1 GTI, ‘80 Scirocco GTI, plus some others I’ve forgotten 

Offline david25

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 593
Re: ID.Polo GTI finally launched
« Reply #22 on: 13 September 2026, 14:30 »
The Raval I was offered but never viewed (aside from a video clip sent) was in the matte green which was ultimately what frightened me off rather than any software anxiety.

I’ve seen clips and photos of an ID. Polo GTI in Magnetic Grey which contrasts really well with the red highlights.

The ID. Polo styling is more at the mature end where the Raval is aimed at trendier funky folk so I stuck with a boring old Golf.

Yep, the dark grey and sliver go well with the red highlights or I hear the white on offer is the candy white of the MK5
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline nadab_sardar

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 8
Re: ID.Polo GTI finally launched
« Reply #23 on: 03 October 2026, 11:13 »
Cheers for the timestamp, saves scrubbing through the whole thing. I haven't checked the ID. Polo myself, but on other ID models lane assist is usually switched off in the driver assistance menu on the screen, and some have a shortcut on the steering wheel. Worth checking whether it comes back on every time you start the car, as many systems do that. The video will be more reliable than my memory on the exact button path.

Offline Exonian

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 9,532
Re: ID.Polo GTI finally launched
« Reply #24 on: 03 October 2026, 11:40 »
In Europe (including UK naturally) the lane assist and speed bongs will always come back on with every ignition cycle (do EV’s have an equivalent name for ignition cycle? Or maybe that’ll be something that sticks like calling a radio a wireless still)
‘26 Ed50, ‘23 Leccy Mini, ‘25 8.5R, ‘23 8R, ‘20 8CS, ‘19 135iX, ‘19 TCR, ‘17 Ed40, ‘17 GTD, ‘15 7R, ‘13 GTI PP, ‘11 GTI, ‘09 GTI, ‘98 Ibiza Cupra, ‘05 GTI, ‘06 Polo GTI, ‘04 GT TDI, ‘05 Fabia vRS, ‘02 GTI T, ‘03 Ibiza TDI 130, ‘01 Leon 180, ‘89 mk2 16v, ‘99 Ibiza TDI, ‘96 VR6, ‘98 Ibiza TDI, ‘92 VR6, ‘88 mk2 8v, ‘92 Polo G40, ‘91 mk2 8v, ‘89 mk2 8v, 205 GTI 1.9, ‘83 mk1 GTI, ‘80 Scirocco GTI, plus some others I’ve forgotten 

Offline Exonian

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 9,532
‘26 Ed50, ‘23 Leccy Mini, ‘25 8.5R, ‘23 8R, ‘20 8CS, ‘19 135iX, ‘19 TCR, ‘17 Ed40, ‘17 GTD, ‘15 7R, ‘13 GTI PP, ‘11 GTI, ‘09 GTI, ‘98 Ibiza Cupra, ‘05 GTI, ‘06 Polo GTI, ‘04 GT TDI, ‘05 Fabia vRS, ‘02 GTI T, ‘03 Ibiza TDI 130, ‘01 Leon 180, ‘89 mk2 16v, ‘99 Ibiza TDI, ‘96 VR6, ‘98 Ibiza TDI, ‘92 VR6, ‘88 mk2 8v, ‘92 Polo G40, ‘91 mk2 8v, ‘89 mk2 8v, 205 GTI 1.9, ‘83 mk1 GTI, ‘80 Scirocco GTI, plus some others I’ve forgotten 

Offline david25

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 593
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline david25

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 593
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline Exonian

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 9,532
Re: ID.Polo GTI finally launched
« Reply #28 on: 08 October 2026, 16:44 »
Pricing wise in the UK I’d expect it to be similar to the Raval VZ and the Stelantis rivals (GSE, 208 GTI etc)


ID Polos are now in dealers but official unveiling won’t be for a few more weeks.
‘26 Ed50, ‘23 Leccy Mini, ‘25 8.5R, ‘23 8R, ‘20 8CS, ‘19 135iX, ‘19 TCR, ‘17 Ed40, ‘17 GTD, ‘15 7R, ‘13 GTI PP, ‘11 GTI, ‘09 GTI, ‘98 Ibiza Cupra, ‘05 GTI, ‘06 Polo GTI, ‘04 GT TDI, ‘05 Fabia vRS, ‘02 GTI T, ‘03 Ibiza TDI 130, ‘01 Leon 180, ‘89 mk2 16v, ‘99 Ibiza TDI, ‘96 VR6, ‘98 Ibiza TDI, ‘92 VR6, ‘88 mk2 8v, ‘92 Polo G40, ‘91 mk2 8v, ‘89 mk2 8v, 205 GTI 1.9, ‘83 mk1 GTI, ‘80 Scirocco GTI, plus some others I’ve forgotten 

Offline SRGTD

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,960
Re: ID.Polo GTI finally launched
« Reply #29 on: 08 October 2026, 17:33 »
Pricing wise in the UK I’d expect it to be similar to the Raval VZ and the Stelantis rivals (GSE, 208 GTI etc)

Agree, price is likely to be similar to the the Raval VZ.

Maybe a small point but looking at the pictures of the ID.Polo GTI, the rear view camera is now exposed to the elements, being positioned directly above the rear number plate. The ‘form over function’ illuminated VW logo on the tailgate prevents the camera from being located behind the VW logo - it’s also forced the relocation of the tailgate release mechanism, hence the ‘cut out’ recess in the rear bumper. So the excellent rear view camera system that has been used on the mk6, mk7 / 7.5 and mk8 / 8.5 Golf and the current ICE Polo has been replaced by an inferior set-up. AI has confirmed this, although I accept AI isn’t always correct.

It seems the rear view camera might have a washer jet to help keep it clean, although I’d question how effective a washer jet will be without a wiper (the headlamp washer jets on my mk6 Golf were pretty ineffective at cleaning the headlamps; the only thing they were good at was using copious volumes of washer fluid, spraying it all over the bonnet and making a mess; annoying if I’d just washed the car! :angry:).
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl