Author Topic: Changes on VW Configurator - new bundled 'Packs' added  (Read 128986 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Saw something on the Rforum about this so went and had a look.

On the main VW website configurator a Tech Pack and a Parking Pack have been added as new options under extras (not showing on the App).

Both packs are showing as available on models including GTI/GTD/R.  Strangely the new Tech Pack is showing as cheaper for GTI/GTD than the R?  :huh:  So maybe an error as doesn't seem right and the configurator is renowned for it's inaccuracies. 

The Tech Pack comprises Discover Pro Nav (8" screen+) and Dynaudio bundled together.  Previously the two options specced separately added up to £2,300 (£1765+£535).   The Tech Pack price is showing as:

£1240 on GTI/GTD, a saving of £1,060?? and £45 less than Disc Nav/Dynaudio
£1,840 on R, a saving of £460.  £555 more than Disc Nav/Dynaudio - much better than the previous £1,000 price hike.

The Parking Pack comprises Park Assist and Rear View Camera at £250, which is a £65 saving over the two specced separately (£150+£165). Showing as available for the R, which is weird because Parking Assist was not previously available on it  :huh:

As said, VW configurator is not the most reliable but if it's correct, definitely something to think about for anyone with an order in the early stages or just about to order.  Needs properly checking out, think I'll give my dealer a call.

« Last Edit: 13 April 2015, 00:20 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: Changes on VW Configurator - new bundled 'Packs' added
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2015, 07:29 »
Saw this over on another forum. Bit of a kick in the teeth for those of us that dropped £1700 for Nav Pro to see now it's almost half price ! (guess that's progress).

I wonder if this is a "sell off" of stock units in preparation of the MIB II range of infotainment units with perhaps Car-Net, Apple Play as well as Mirror Link ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #2 on: 25 March 2015, 07:59 »
I wonder if this is a "sell off" of stock units in preparation of the MIB II range of infotainment units with perhaps Car-Net, Apple Play as well as Mirror Link ?

Sounds a bit like it...

Sweeteners are always to shift dead stock in my experience...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2015, 08:06 »
Why does it cost so much more on the R though? Makes no sense at all, there's nothing that the GTI/GTD already have that the R doesn't to affect the price. Maybe they think R owners have deeper pockets, or they have far longer to save up for the pack knowing how long an R order takes to go through?  :whistle:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2015, 08:44 »
Saw this over on another forum. Bit of a kick in the teeth for those of us that dropped £1700 for Nav Pro to see now it's almost half price ! (guess that's progress).

Unfortunately there's always a kick in the teeth somewhere along the line!  Does sound like they could be off loading old stock.

Why does it cost so much more on the R though? Makes no sense at all, there's nothing that the GTI/GTD already have that the R doesn't to affect the price. Maybe they think R owners have deeper pockets, or they have far longer to save up for the pack knowing how long an R order takes to go through?  :whistle:

I think it's the GTI/GTD price that seems off, rather than the R price.  A saving of £460 sounds much more realistic than £1,060.  They might want to shift old stock but VW won't give it away  :whistle:   

You've had a longer saving time than most  :sad:
« Last Edit: 25 March 2015, 08:58 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 25 March 2015, 09:21 »
If those prices are correct it really would be a sore one.  :sad: :sad:

Nav Pro + Dynaudio a £1000 cheaper than what some of us paid for the Pro alone  :huh: :huh:. I for one would be gutted if it were indeed the case.

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 25 March 2015, 09:28 »
That is bonkers!!! I ordered a gti pp 4 weeks ago and I'm waiting on a call back from the dealer. I only went for the discover nav but would definitely upgrade to the pro plus dyanaudio for another £500
Collect 28th May 2015

GTI MK7, Pure White, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 25 March 2015, 10:04 »
Have just spoken to my dealer. The price for the tech pack on the GTD/GTI is correct at £1240. He had to get one of the managers to speak to the factory to confirm this. He is going to try to add it onto my order and will know at the end of the day if he was able to or what delay there would be if i do add it on.
Collect 28th May 2015

GTI MK7, Pure White, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline Damo7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 25 March 2015, 12:03 »
I ordered my car in Ireland and we have a free tech pack at the minute. Regular sat nav, light beam assist, mdi phone and rear camera. I think they are clearing out all the units before the car play introduction

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 25 March 2015, 12:14 »
Have just spoken to my dealer. The price for the tech pack on the GTD/GTI is correct at £1240. He had to get one of the managers to speak to the factory to confirm this. He is going to try to add it onto my order and will know at the end of the day if he was able to or what delay there would be if i do add it on.

Haven't got time to contact my dealer till tommorow (full on work day today) but if anyone going for an R gets confirmation of the Tech pack price being £1840 could you please post it here (not that I don't trust the configurator)  :whistle:

If it's correct, I'll probably go for it on my R order just for the better screen size and resolution.  I can stomach a £555 cost to upgrade but not the original £1k VW were asking.

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual