Author Topic: Changes on VW Configurator - new bundled 'Packs' added  (Read 128981 times)

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
Re: Changes on VW Configurator - new bundled 'Packs' added
« Reply #20 on: 25 March 2015, 22:19 »
Rang my dealer today. First he had heard of it. I asked if he could add it to my order and so he emailed VW UK who said the changes aren't live or official yet, despite them being on the VW Configurator? He says there systems aren't updated with the new packs and claims they might not even happen still as VW put these on the website before its official.

According to him it won't be ready this quarter. He said I'd have to cancel my 4 week old order to add it which would push my BW back. To which I replied "Cancel it then" He's chasing IT up and getting back to me tomorrow.
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

MK7 Golf R - Lapiz Blue, 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Nappa, Discover Nav Pro.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 25 March 2015, 22:57 »
Rang my dealer today. First he had heard of it. I asked if he could add it to my order and so he emailed VW UK who said the changes aren't live or official yet, despite them being on the VW Configurator? He says there systems aren't updated with the new packs and claims they might not even happen still as VW put these on the website before its official.

According to him it won't be ready this quarter. He said I'd have to cancel my 4 week old order to add it which would push my BW back. To which I replied "Cancel it then" He's chasing IT up and getting back to me tomorrow.

I think I'd say the same.  Didn't want it till Sept anyway  :whistle:

I wonder what their criteria is for adding stuff to the website and when?   Sometimes it looks for all the world like they pluck a vague idea out of the ether and think "what the hell, we'll just stick it on the website anyway" and worry about the viability and mechanics of it later  :rolleyes: 

And dealers are always caught on the hop with these things.  I know forum members are more clued up than most but the lack of dealer product knowledge is depressingly predictable.
« Last Edit: 25 March 2015, 22:59 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 26 March 2015, 00:02 »
Tell me about it. Sometimes I feel like we should switch seats and I should be selling the car to the dealer.
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 26 March 2015, 00:07 »
Tell me about it. Sometimes I feel like we should switch seats and I should be selling the car to the dealer.

Haha, well given the choice I'd buy a car off you over a dealer any day  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 26 March 2015, 05:52 »

Haha, well given the choice I'd buy a car off you over a dealer any day  :grin:

Haha :D You and me both.

All gone.

Now;

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 26 March 2015, 12:29 »
If you don't buy the Tech Pack you will still get the CMS/DNS with the 6.5" Screen from BW22 onwards and the 6.5" DNS will cost £700, which is £50 less than the 5.8" DNS. How very annoying. The CMS will also be upgraded to the 6.5" High Resolution Screen.

So if you ordered the 6.5" DNS with Dynaudio, the cost would be £1235. If you ordered the Tech Pack now (with 8" DNS Pro and Dynaudio) the cost would be £1840. The difference is £605. With the 8" DNS Pro you also get Voice Activation (£185) as standard. So the difference in cost between the two is £420. Do you think an extra 1.5" in screen size is worth this amount? It would seem so.

Take a look at the Configurator for the New Polo GTI which comes with the 6.5" Screen as standard for the CMS.
« Last Edit: 26 March 2015, 13:23 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 26 March 2015, 13:51 »
^^
Worth pointing out that these figures above relate specifically to the R.

Tbh I don't know if it's worth having the DNS Pro over the bw22 uprated 6.5" screen.  Part of me thinks it is worth it.  If I go for the tech pack then I'll have to cancel the voice activation I speced as extra to the standard DNS so that's a bit more off the cost.  Will wait to see what dealer comes back with and the mull it all over!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Diehammer

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 26 March 2015, 14:05 »
If you don't buy the Tech Pack you will still get the CMS/DNS with the 6.5" Screen from BW22 onwards and the 6.5" DNS will cost £700, which is £50 less than the 5.8" DNS. How very annoying. The CMS will also be upgraded to the 6.5" High Resolution Screen.

So if you ordered the 6.5" DNS with Dynaudio, the cost would be £1235. If you ordered the Tech Pack now (with 8" DNS Pro and Dynaudio) the cost would be £1840. The difference is £605. With the 8" DNS Pro you also get Voice Activation (£185) as standard. So the difference in cost between the two is £420. Do you think an extra 1.5" in screen size is worth this amount? It would seem so.

Take a look at the Configurator for the New Polo GTI which comes with the 6.5" Screen as standard for the CMS.

Where did you get this information? My dealer is giving me an estimated BW 19 at the moment and would be well pissed if i miss out on this by 3 weeks.
Golf GTD MK7 5 door Manual, Carbon Grey, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera.

Ordered 26/02/15  Build Week Confirmed 24/04/15 (BW21) Stage 5a 19/05/15 Stage 5b 21/05/15 Stage 5c 29/05/15 Stage 6 02/06/15 Stage 7 04/06/15 Pick Up 06/06/15

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 26 March 2015, 14:14 »
^^
Worth pointing out that these figures above relate specifically to the R.

Tbh I don't know if it's worth having the DNS Pro over the bw22 uprated 6.5" screen.  Part of me thinks it is worth it.  If I go for the tech pack then I'll have to cancel the voice activation I speced as extra to the standard DNS so that's a bit more off the cost.  Will wait to see what dealer comes back with and the mull it all over!

Yes, as said above, this is for the R.
Now with the £420 you save, you could order a Climate Screen and Advanced Telephone Prep and this still leaves you with a bit of change.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 26 March 2015, 14:19 »

Where did you get this information? My dealer is giving me an estimated BW 19 at the moment and would be well pissed if i miss out on this by 3 weeks.

Have a look at the VW Configurator for the Golf GTD/GTI. My post is purely related to the R.
The fact is that most dealers have not kept up with these changes.

Try and get your BW delayed to 22 or later by changing spec. Unfortunately, you might end up waiting an extra few months.