Author Topic: November 2014 Navigation Map Update is available.  (Read 8271 times)

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
Re: November 2014 Navigation Map Update is available.
« Reply #10 on: 10 December 2014, 16:59 »
Hmmm, I downloaded the single file last night and it is showing date modified as 08/07/2014.

Did you download the single files?
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 10 December 2014, 17:00 »
yes mate downloaded single file today...
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 10 December 2014, 17:05 »
(NavPro multipart download) Files are dated variously around July 2014.

The Update has a title of "2015".

They only update it twice a year, this one must be the most recent I suggest.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 10 December 2014, 17:08 »
Yeah, mine was the Nav Pro update and when I open the ISO file for GB is shows that is was modified on 20/06/2014, which tells me that even though it may be the latest update it is still 6 months old in terms of the data it holds.  :whistle:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 10 December 2014, 17:32 »
It might be slightly non-current, but its going to be better than one I've got currently... and thats all you can hope for until we get the new DNS v2 system in our Golf Mk8's that will use live Google map data (thats probably also only updated once every 6 months/years but at least doesn't need manual 20gb downloads!)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline chazzypuk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 12 December 2014, 14:18 »
Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone could post the Navigation database code from their car after successful update to the November edition?

I tried to update mine and it got to 100% and then said there had been a error while updating and the system had to restart! Not sure if it's done it or not really :-( The NAV seems to work ok so can't have been that big an error!

Thanks,
Golf GTD Mk7 3dr Manual, Pure White, Adaptive Chassis Control, Panoramic roof, Discover Pro Nav, Keyless entry, Dynaudio, Park assist, High beam assist, Leather pack, Service Pack.

Offline chazzypuk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 12 December 2014, 15:09 »
Hi Guys,

Some help needed please! I have tried to update the Nav database again and it seemed to work fine this time. HOWEVER. When the system re-booted all seemed normal and the nav screen loaded. After about 30 seconds a message pops up on the screen stating: "Please insert a data medium with valid navigation data". This message completely locks out the NAV function! Really not happy about this! Any ideas?

Golf GTD Mk7 3dr Manual, Pure White, Adaptive Chassis Control, Panoramic roof, Discover Pro Nav, Keyless entry, Dynaudio, Park assist, High beam assist, Leather pack, Service Pack.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 12 December 2014, 17:37 »
Yes, its still not quite finished.... give it a bit longer... eventually you get a message saying its complete.

(I panicked too the other day!)

Offline chazzypuk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 12 December 2014, 19:10 »
Yes, its still not quite finished.... give it a bit longer... eventually you get a message saying its complete.

Hey thanks for your reply.

I did leave it quite a while and it still came up with the same error :-( I have reset the NAV to factory settings and its updating for the 3rd time as we speak! Fingers crossed!

Offline chazzypuk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 12 December 2014, 19:40 »

Hey thanks for your reply.

I did leave it quite a while and it still came up with the same error :-( I have reset the NAV to factory settings and its updating for the 3rd time as we speak! Fingers crossed!

3rd time lucky for me. Although it still said there had been a download error when it completed. It seems to be working now though so I'm going to leave it right alone! It says 2015 after the version number so guess that's the newest one on there?