Author Topic: November 2014 Navigation Map Update is available.  (Read 8270 times)

Offline karlak

• GTI forum regular
Ordered 06/01/14.  5DR GTD DSG, Red. Park Assist | Rear Camera | Keyless entry | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | Pro Nav.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
Re: November 2014 Navigation Map Update is available.
« Reply #1 on: 10 December 2014, 07:53 »
thanks Karlak, i didnt know so youve informed one person at least  :smiley:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 10 December 2014, 08:21 »
Cheers - I've been checking the site for a while. Good to see the download speed is still slow!

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 10 December 2014, 08:43 »
im at work and getting a reasonable 278kb/s

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 10 December 2014, 08:43 »
wasnt the map update for march a lot bigger or am i being daft?

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 10 December 2014, 08:59 »
May be a silly question but I missed the March update should update for March then nov or will there be no software updates that I will be missing.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #6 on: 10 December 2014, 09:11 »
AFAIK, each package is a complete set of data - they aren't incremental.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 10 December 2014, 09:42 »
Grabbed this yesterday after it was mentioned and I found the single download was limited to around 500KBps, but if you download the split files all at the same time you should get around 500KBps per file (as it's limited per connection). The 6 files for standard Nav downloaded for me at a combined 3MBps which was much better!

I haven't upgraded my Nav since buying the Car in May, so interested to see if I notice much difference. Hopefully there will be less trying to take me down single track lanes when there is an A Road around the corner!

Edit:
This is the landing page if you need standard Nav:
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/View-Promo?Page=VW_Landing&NewLocaleID=en_GB&NewDomainName=Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site&cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light
« Last Edit: 10 December 2014, 10:53 by ffrank »

Offline thebear29uk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 10 December 2014, 13:19 »
I was looking on another forum for the Discover update and found this:

Discover navigation updates

We are pleased to be able to inform you that our Product Marketing Team has announced the process for navigation updates to be downloaded to The New Golf. As you are aware, the vehicle is supplied with navigation data pre-loaded on an SD card. This card has seven licences built in; the first licence is used by the pre-existing data on the unit. This allows our customers to download 6 updates over a three year period.

You can check the data version in your vehicle by selecting menu and then setup on the navigation system in your vehicle. The latest version available to download is shown on the following website:

http://www.volkswagen.de/de/models/g...n-updates.html

There is currently no option to display this site in English, so we would recommend using Google Chrome as your browser which will provide an automatic translate option.

If an update is available, it can be downloaded via www.navigation.com select your manufacturer and follow the onscreen prompts. When you have exhausted your free downloads, you can purchase a new SD card from your local Volkswagen Retailer or pay for individual downloads via the site.

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen UK.

So this raises a few questions and apologies if this has been covered before. Firstly if you only updated once a year would it give you longer before expiry or would a yearly update use up 2 licences? Or, maybe as stated, its for a 3 year period and has an expiry date. And secondly I read on here recently that it's been reported in a magazine that this has now extended to 5 years. How can that be without supplying a new SD card for the additional licences?

GTI 3Dr Manual, PP, Pure White, DCC, Dynaudio, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Keyless and High Beam Assist.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 10 December 2014, 14:43 »
so downloaded mine now, and it says last modified 5/8/14, does everybody elses say that or have i done something wrong??