Author Topic: Soft paintwork MK7 ?  (Read 13781 times)

mjh_056

Re: Soft paintwork MK7 ?
« Reply #10 on: 01 May 2014, 09:58 »
Not noticed any scratches or marks at all on the pure white.

Not to say there are none just that when did last wash nothing jumped out.

Went for white as I was eventually worn down by the swirls and fine scratches on my last two black cars and white is proving a great choice  :smiley:

However what are seen is tar spots on closer inspection, so something going to address on next clean. And think we all aware now that aerodynamics of car make the tailgate an absolute trap for dirt!

Based on the early paint advice on forum one of first things most did was protect the car and we each have own preference but the Collonite I used still beads now and quick bucket washes have been easy through winter.

Think based on this thread that advice stands strong on protecting the paint as early as can will save pain later.

Will do the full wash polish and reprotect for Spring again

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 02 May 2014, 17:45 »
Even my DBP is peppered with stone chips. Seems everyone that I hear ping against the car results in a white dot :(

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 03 May 2014, 12:25 »
Have plenty of stone chips on my CSG as well.  On the bonnet and front bumper.  :sad:
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 03 May 2014, 12:34 »
No-one can avoid them, but for most of the pearl an metallics, hopefully a thicker pigment layer will allow to just worry about the lacquer layer in most cases.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 06 May 2014, 08:59 »
On the. Omits to work today some b@stard clipped my wing mirror. An anxious 30 minutes later I get out to inspect....not the worst. Two marks, one about and inch long and the other two. What's the best way about fixing this? I don't know if it's just scuffed and wd40 will take it out. And advice welcome
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 06 May 2014, 21:43 »
On the. Omits to work to. What's the best way about fixing this?. Does it look white on the scuff? Did you use a sealant? If so it could be just a lacquer or sealant scuff that should polish out with net or similar then reapply sealant.....and break the culprits legs.  :whistle:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 06 May 2014, 22:01 »
On the. Omits to work to. What's the best way about fixing this?. Does it look white on the scuff? Did you use a sealant? If so it could be just a lacquer or sealant scuff that should polish out with net or similar then reapply sealant.....and break the culprits legs.  :whistle:
It was a dozey woman, who let her out the kitchen! Ha joke. She was hammering as well. My mate likes to detail so hes going to come along saturday with his kit and a wee polishing machine to see if he can get rid off some tiny wee scratches and this mark. Feels smooth to touch and its not chipped the paint away i believe so hope it polishes off. Heres hoping
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline Pistol p

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 11 May 2014, 13:17 »
This is another price you have to pay for having an environmentally friendly car. Less paint means less weight, also less VOCs when painting. Hey presto, our car is greener than yours. No top coat under the bonnet or in the boot, but our car is greener than yours. Screw the customer, constructors only want the car to last 7 years or they'll never reach their targets. I've worked in paint and warranty and see some Real nightmares. And don't even mention bird crap on your paintwork!.

Offline Damo66

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 24 May 2014, 19:01 »
I have just covered 3k and my car is polished weekly and I have started to notice a few stone chips, more than any other Golf I have owned at this mileage.  :sick:
Beetle (1975)
MK2 Golf GTI 16V
MK3 Golf GTI
Corrado G60
MK3 VR6
Passat Sport PDI
MK4 Golf GTI PDI 150
MK5 GTDI 140
MK5 Golf GTI
MK6 Golf R
MK6 Golf GTD
MK6 Golf GTI Ed 35
Beetle Sport TDI
MK7 Golf GTD

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 24 May 2014, 19:53 »
If only wax / polish would save us from the inevitable. Its a sad state of the way forward unfortunately.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14