Author Topic: Has my clutch pedal moved???????????????  (Read 3012 times)

illumin

  • Guest
Has my clutch pedal moved???????????????
« on: 01 September 2005, 23:14 »
My clutch pedal appears to have got higher at some point in the last week - or has it? I really don't know if I'm imagining it - does anyone know of a reason that would make it get higher????????? :undecided:

Offline Tornado

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 192
Re: Has my clutch pedal moved???????????????
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2005, 23:28 »
Cocaine :evil:
Lower!

illumin

  • Guest
Re: Has my clutch pedal moved???????????????
« Reply #2 on: 01 September 2005, 23:42 »
 :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline GTI EDITION (aka LTD)

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 515
Re: Has my clutch pedal moved???????????????
« Reply #3 on: 02 September 2005, 10:00 »
If it's not in-line/level with the brake pedal then the black plastic stop/clip that should be located on the pedal box has probably dropped off ( which is quite common )  :smiley:


http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=topn&cat=19378

Does my arse look TOO BIG (to fit) in this (forum).... or was it something I said ?

Judderi

  • Guest
Re: Has my clutch pedal moved???????????????
« Reply #4 on: 02 September 2005, 10:43 »
Biscuit barrel guy is right. Mine was none existent which meant the pedal was really high and pressed a mile before engaging. I installed a long bolt in place where the plastic bit should be, this way i can choose how high or low i want the pedal to sit by adjusting the bolt length.

Offline wellfan

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 170
Re: Has my clutch pedal moved???????????????
« Reply #5 on: 02 September 2005, 13:21 »
Clutch pedal stop clip from gsfcarparts for 60 pence

Offline wellfan

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 170
Re: Has my clutch pedal moved???????????????
« Reply #6 on: 02 September 2005, 13:26 »
Follow up to last post. GSF part number is 71567. 40 pence plus vat.

Offline GTI EDITION (aka LTD)

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 515
Re: Has my clutch pedal moved???????????????
« Reply #7 on: 02 September 2005, 13:29 »
Follow up to last post. GSF part number is 71567. 40 pence plus vat.

BARGAIN !..........get a spare as it's bound to bugger up again at some point in the future ( when they're no longer available )


http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=topn&cat=19378

Does my arse look TOO BIG (to fit) in this (forum).... or was it something I said ?

illumin

  • Guest
Re: Has my clutch pedal moved???????????????
« Reply #8 on: 02 September 2005, 20:15 »
Another mystery solved - thanks guys, I thought I was going mad! :grin:

Offline GTI EDITION (aka LTD)

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 515
Re: Has my clutch pedal moved???????????????
« Reply #9 on: 02 September 2005, 22:13 »
Another mystery solved - thanks guys, I thought I was going mad! :grin:

 You have to be to be on here !  HO HO HO  :rolleyes:  :wink:


http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=topn&cat=19378

Does my arse look TOO BIG (to fit) in this (forum).... or was it something I said ?