Author Topic: Oil breather catch tank  (Read 8934 times)

Offline Deefadog

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,315
  • Mk2 16V (November 89)
Re: Oil breather catch tank
« Reply #30 on: 31 August 2005, 15:25 »
Just found this - http://www.iconstyling.com/shopproduct.asp?ID=190&CATID=51&MAINCATID=4&USERID=159972797385842554861111&TP=&SPECIAL=

£9.99 delivered, don't know much about his make though!
My 89 16v  /  Essential golf links

Judderi

  • Guest
Re: Oil breather catch tank
« Reply #31 on: 31 August 2005, 16:04 »
To be honest i think any old filter would do the job.

Offline Deefadog

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,315
  • Mk2 16V (November 89)
Re: Oil breather catch tank
« Reply #32 on: 31 August 2005, 16:31 »
£10 sound good to me :)
My 89 16v  /  Essential golf links

Offline Deefadog

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,315
  • Mk2 16V (November 89)
Re: Oil breather catch tank
« Reply #33 on: 03 September 2005, 08:26 »
Ok, it's been over a week now and i have not noticed any difference in the drive of the car :)

Also no contamination at all the catch tank is squeak clean  [LOL]

One thing has changed the reading on the MFA for fuel consumption, it's down by an average of 6 mpg, i am not saying the actual fuel consumption is less, just the reading on the MFA.

1)Could disconnecting the breather tube from the metering head have caused this false reading?

2)Also, should i have to adjust the mixture now?

Cheers
My 89 16v  /  Essential golf links

Offline rowlers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,829
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
Re: Oil breather catch tank
« Reply #34 on: 03 September 2005, 09:17 »
be a good a idea to get mixture checked :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Deefadog

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,315
  • Mk2 16V (November 89)
Re: Oil breather catch tank
« Reply #35 on: 03 September 2005, 10:16 »
Thinking about it! **cogs turning** I did the mixture not so long back, about 3 weeks ago (got my own gunston) :)

And you have to set the C0 with the breather disconnected, so i can't see how it has change it??

any ideas
My 89 16v  /  Essential golf links

Offline Deefadog

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,315
  • Mk2 16V (November 89)
Re: Oil breather catch tank
« Reply #36 on: 10 September 2005, 16:04 »
Just an update :) got my breather filter from iconstyling for a tenner! fits straight over the existing tube so it can all go back if it has too!





My 89 16v  /  Essential golf links