Poll

What to do ?

Stick with GTi Order - probably delivered in November - maybe ?!
7 (25.9%)
Order M135, almost same price, delivered in less than 6 weeks
7 (25.9%)
Order GTD as company car in Nov - delivery prob 2014 but no hassles of owning
13 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Help me sort my life  (Read 3147 times)

Offline drisser

• I live here
Help me sort my life
« on: 02 August 2013, 14:59 »
Hi guys

sorry I have probably bored everyone with my dilemma about being offered new job 2 days ago with the likely chance of going abroad after 2.5 to 3 years... time for the Friday afternoon poll !

I just got the company car list, all diesel, no petrol cars, but at least the GTD is on it.

That, coupled with a very good M135 deal and no news on my GTi order has left me with 3 choices..

Stick with the GTi, but who knows when it will come, order the 135 and get it in less than 6 weeks, for almost same price as the GTi, or do the sensible thing and keep my old 330 Ci for 6 months then order a GTD company car so I can hand over the keys and walk away if going abroad  :undecided:
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: Help me sort my life
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2013, 15:03 »
To be fair, if I knew there was a high chance of me getting sent abroad in 2.5 - 3 years, I'd probably go down the GTD company car route purely to avoid hassle.  It's still a cracking car, and if you don't get sent abroad, I guess you could always take the money next time around and get your own private car?
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2013, 15:04 »
Really going to town on the thread creation today huh drisser? :grin: :grin: I'm just kidding.

Ok so here is how I see it.

<---- RISK - SAFE ---->
M135 - GTI - GTD

Reasoning:
- M135 is less of an all rounder and if you were forced to sell up probably will lose you the most money.
- GTI is in the middle
- GTD makes everything easy for you... but is it what you want?

EDIT:
3 votes in and its 33:33:33.  Lads, this isn't helping him!

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #3 on: 02 August 2013, 15:06 »
Blimey, the vote's only just started bear!  :grin:  Of course it's not helping...yet!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #4 on: 02 August 2013, 15:07 »
I just find it funny that its evenly split! hehe

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 02 August 2013, 15:17 »
Really going to town on the thread creation today huh drisser? :grin: :grin: I'm just kidding.

Ok so here is how I see it.

<---- RISK - SAFE ---->
M135 - GTI - GTD

Reasoning:
- M135 is less of an all rounder and if you were forced to sell up probably will lose you the most money.
- GTI is in the middle
- GTD makes everything easy for you... but is it what you want?

EDIT:
3 votes in and its 33:33:33.  Lads, this isn't helping him!

Lol, Friday afternoon = wind down time !!

I do agree with you though, M135 is quick fix and probably more costly, GTD is simple safe option..
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline mackandmark

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 02 August 2013, 15:19 »
GTD is the option to go with Drisser.

Hassle free, enjoy the 330 for another 6 months knowing that you have a cracking car coming.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 02 August 2013, 15:56 »
M135i - no brainer. Waiting till November? No guarantee it'll come then either. Beemer much quicker for the same money!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 02 August 2013, 16:03 »
My money would be on the M-lite!!! But that's only because I'm a huge M-power fan. True... It's not a full fat M car but I'm sure its no slouch either... The 135i would have been my other choice if it wasn't for the GTi.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline RedHP

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 02 August 2013, 16:41 »
Sorry guys, but I'm going to bore you all with a little sensibility  :cry:

If you 'may' go abroad and thus cannot agree on vehicle, I would suggest a cheap company option (either dieseasel or hybrid) in order to keep your company car tax minimal. Once decided on your future i.e. staying in our pleasant and (sportingly) winning country then opt for the GiT  :wink:

Red
Mk6 GiT since birth in 2010

YNWA