Author Topic: Dealer contact  (Read 4055 times)

Offline domrees

• Not said much yet
Dealer contact
« on: 23 July 2013, 19:04 »
So my dealer promised regular updates about the build process of my car

2 weeks ago I look on the tracker and see it is build week confirmed
Try to reach salesman and sales manager without success
Call vw uk who tell me wk35

Question for you all:
When should the dealer get in contact?!?
I've not called them cos I am curious when they will email/call etc

Doesn't seem right to me
3dr Manual in Pure White with PP, Dynaudio, Nav and Keyless. Oh and a service pack.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: Dealer contact
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2013, 19:19 »
My experience is the dealer doesn't want to talk to me until they have something "definite" to report (which I interpret as meaning a confirmed build week) because they say things move on a daily basis so it's pointless them calling me.  They are, however, glad to chat if I call.  I think a weekly email from them with the current estimated BW would be better but whatever.

VW customer care send me a text each Wednesday which invariably says "nothing new".  It's f**king ridiculous but nothing we can do but sit tight. :tongue:

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 23 July 2013, 20:31 »
"Try to reach salesman and sales manager without success"

When you bought the car, did you not get a business card from the salesman with his contact details - email address, telephone number etc.? Have you tried emailing him, copying in the sales manager, and asking for an update? My salesman has always worked on the basis of a monthly email to me reporting on progress, if any.
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 23 July 2013, 21:21 »
My experience is the dealer doesn't want to talk to me until they have something "definite" to report (which I interpret as meaning a confirmed build week) because they say things move on a daily basis so it's pointless them calling me.  They are, however, glad to chat if I call.  I think a weekly email from them with the current estimated BW would be better but whatever.

That's pretty much my own experience. Truth be told in the first three months there was nothing to report anyway with regards to build dates etc. I've always found that I've been the one doing all the chasing, but credit to the salesman they've always been prompt returning my calls & emails. VW aren't the only culprits though.... I've had similar experiences with other manufacturers.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline domrees

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 23 July 2013, 21:23 »
Erm yeah I have their contact details and I can easily send them an email or call etc  :whistle:

Point I making is, should they not have contacted me when it went build week confirmed?

It's basic customer service but maybe it's just me that sees it that way
3dr Manual in Pure White with PP, Dynaudio, Nav and Keyless. Oh and a service pack.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 23 July 2013, 22:02 »
Erm yeah I have their contact details and I can easily send them an email or call etc  :whistle:

Point I making is, should they not have contacted me when it went build week confirmed?

Any change in status they should contact you to let you know. Very poor if they didn't and if for no other reason than its only courteous to keep their customers informed

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #6 on: 23 July 2013, 23:45 »

Any change in status they should contact you to let you know. Very poor if they didn't and if for no other reason than its only courteous to keep their customers informed

Agreed, they should let you know.  However, perhaps they don't know themselves.  Unless there is some kind of alert system that emails the relevant sales person when a car on order has a status change then presumably they need to actually log in to some system and check the current status.  Unlike us they won't be doing this every 5 mins hoping for a change.  Some may do it infrequently or only if a customer asks/they become suspicious themselves.

Not letting them off the hook but just saying it may not be that they are ignoring you, but might be they just aren't keeping on top of it because they are busy/not that interested.

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 24 July 2013, 00:04 »
My salesman has been excellent with notifications. I get an email every Monday with the current status, regardless if it has changed or not.  Its usually something along the lines of 'no change still unconfirmed BW36' but at least I know.
I wouldn't be happy if I wasn't being notified regularly, after all we are spending the best part of £30k with these guys......

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 24 July 2013, 00:08 »

Agreed, they should let you know.  However, perhaps they don't know themselves.  Unless there is some kind of alert system that emails the relevant sales person when a car on order has a status change then presumably they need to actually log in to some system and check the current status.  Unlike us they won't be doing this every 5 mins hoping for a change.  Some may do it infrequently or only if a customer asks/they become suspicious themselves.

Not letting them off the hook but just saying it may not be that they are ignoring you, but might be they just aren't keeping on top of it because they are busy/not that interested.

Surely though they must have more detailed info than what we have via the tracker? After speaking to my dealer yesterday he assures me that the car is in the UK and has been since last week however the tracker still shows in transit? I'm beginning to think the tracker is just a bit of a gimmick really. I'm not aware of any other car manufactures that have a tracker website but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 24 July 2013, 09:03 »
The tracker is pants, like you say Craig its just a gimmick!  Saying that, I still check it  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....