Author Topic: Goodwood VW stand  (Read 5345 times)

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
Goodwood VW stand
« on: 14 July 2013, 21:14 »
Anyone been to Goodwood FOS? GTD on the stand looked awesome in white. Strange how they put it round the corner from the gti so the 2 werent together. Looked much smarter than the gti in my opinion, however the gti has a sexier arse
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
Re: Goodwood VW stand
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2013, 21:30 »
Anyone been to Goodwood FOS? GTD on the stand looked awesome in white. Strange how they put it round the corner from the gti so the 2 werent together. Looked much smarter than the gti in my opinion, however the gti has a sexier arse

They put the GTD around the corner 'cos otherwise all the GTI orders would be scrapped for the much better looking GTD  :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2013, 21:31 »
White S3 looked too plain on the audi stand..audi design getting too safe? And ultimately boring?
5 door
Pure White

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 14 July 2013, 21:37 »
White S3 looked too plain on the audi stand..audi design getting too safe? And ultimately boring?

Most things Audi are boring now... I was trying to convince myself to get an A3, but couldn't face the look of the car, I only wanted it because it was Audi and not a VW. I have so made the right choice imo. Especially now I've seen those GTD Demo pics :o)
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 14 July 2013, 22:05 »

How exactly do the two of them look different apart from the wheels  :huh: :huh:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #5 on: 14 July 2013, 22:27 »

How exactly do the two of them look different apart from the wheels  :huh: :huh:

Come on, then the GTD guys have their moment! ;)  :grin:

Seriously though, as a car that's slightly more understated, the GTD definitely takes the prize.  Both have sharp looks, but the GTI does push the boat out a bit with the wheels, red accents and rear exhaust.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 14 July 2013, 22:33 »
Did body take pics to allow us to judge !?  :cry:
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 15 July 2013, 10:15 »
5 door
Pure White

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 15 July 2013, 10:21 »
Them alloys look amazing. Really really like then.

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 15 July 2013, 10:33 »
Them alloys look amazing. Really really like then.

In the flesh the total car is epic.
5 door
Pure White