Author Topic: Goodwood VW stand  (Read 5396 times)

Running Man

Re: Goodwood VW stand
« Reply #10 on: 15 July 2013, 15:12 »
Them alloys look amazing. Really really like then.

In the flesh the total car is epic.

thats nice to hear but ppppplease dont start another (and look foolish in the process), it looks better than the GTI.  Its a very nice diesel sport  :wink:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #11 on: 15 July 2013, 15:33 »
thats nice to hear but ppppplease dont start another (and look foolish in the process), it looks better than the GTI.  Its a very nice diesel sport  :wink:

As Vader says "It is... your... destiny!"

At least I think its Vader that says it?  Anyway, I think stopping all threads eventually ending like this is nigh impossible. :tongue:

Offline cosmicremedy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 15 July 2013, 16:48 »
I was at FoS also, the GTD did look fantastic!  That picture on Page 1 doesn't do it justice....

The S3 did look nice on the Audi stand, but it was just shy of £40k with some options!!!!

Not to mention the RS7, £142k (again with "some" options).  That is just insane...

The RS6 looked amazing though, one of my production cars of the day.

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 15 July 2013, 18:10 »
I was at FoS also, the GTD did look fantastic!  That picture on Page 1 doesn't do it justice....

The S3 did look nice on the Audi stand, but it was just shy of £40k with some options!!!!

Not to mention the RS7, £142k (again with "some" options).  That is just insane...

The RS6 looked amazing though, one of my production cars of the day.

40k for a specced up s3, no surprise there to me, these headline prices are just to get people into the showroom, I mean elec heated and folding mirrors are an option on the s3 !

A dealer I trust told me you will need to spend " at least " 35k on a decently specced s3' and one of the reason the gti appealed to me was 2 must have options, the 18 inch wheels and xenons are both std, so you don't need to go mad on the options to have a decent car.

In its own right, the GTi badge in mk7 form Carries just as much prestige without any of the snob value of the s3 and looks a ton better.  If it can do all that for 8k less then to me it's a bargain  :laugh:
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 15 July 2013, 20:10 »

As Vader says "It is... your... destiny!"

At least I think its Vader that says it?  Anyway, I think stopping all threads eventually ending like this is nigh impossible. :tongue:

TBF Bill, I'm not gonna start another "it looks better than the GTI." but it does... end of!

(I'm only jesting with you... it was a long day at work and a bit of fun is called for  :smiley: )
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline Kingsley

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 16 July 2013, 20:39 »

That looks fantastic, though the rear spoilers' a bit OTT  :wink:
Carbon Grey GTD on order

Running Man

« Reply #16 on: 16 July 2013, 20:58 »
Yes.
« Last Edit: 17 July 2013, 09:45 by Running Man »