Author Topic: "Houston we have a problem"  (Read 27386 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: "Houston we have a problem"
« Reply #130 on: 02 July 2013, 16:17 »
I'm just bloody relieved to be honest matey.

Gotta forget about that mpg now :grin: :laugh: :grin: :laugh: this is a decision from the heart (not normal for me).

I know it's not the same for everybody, but my GTI was also a decision from the heart.  If I'd have listened to my head, I'd have ended up with a GTD and ultimately buyers remorse.  I'm keeping my car for many years, so relative depreciation is a non-issue, only actual annual running costs.  This worked out to be only £400 - 500 or so per year different based on tax and miles I do, which is fine, as I'm just about to save £110 per month on my mortgage payments over the next 5 years!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #131 on: 02 July 2013, 16:18 »
H50
Once you had that nagging doubt that was it, it was always going to be the GTI. :cool:
You won't regret it.

You know you're right. I'm sure I won't regret it :drool: (Just the wait that will kill me. Let's not forget I originally ordered my GTD on 9 April  :shocked:)
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #132 on: 02 July 2013, 16:23 »
So what happens if they announce a twin turbo TDI R 225PS with 65mpg in October?  :whistle:

Then I'll prep my squadron of pigs to give it a fly past on the launch day.

which is fine, as I'm just about to save £110 per month on my mortgage payments over the next 5 years!

Ha!  Same logic being used here mate, I'm discounting the cost of the cash I'm borrowing on the basis that getting off my fixed rate and onto a lower one is about to save me nearly all of that...

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #133 on: 02 July 2013, 16:27 »
You know you're right. I'm sure I won't regret it :drool: (Just the wait that will kill me. Let's not forget I originally ordered my GTD on 9 April  :shocked:)

I have a sneaky feeling VW may have ramped up production a little to compensate for the demand.  I wouldn't be surprised if the lead time has or is about to drop a bit.  Not gonna hit 8 weeks but might be the right side of 12, as opposed to the wrong side of 20!  We can hope at least.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #134 on: 02 July 2013, 16:28 »

I know it's not the same for everybody, but my GTI was also a decision from the heart.  If I'd have listened to my head, I'd have ended up with a GTD and ultimately buyers remorse.  I'm keeping my car for many years, so relative depreciation is a non-issue, only actual annual running costs.  This worked out to be only £400 - 500 or so per year different based on tax and miles I do, which is fine, as I'm just about to save £110 per month on my mortgage payments over the next 5 years!

Keep paying the £110 a month off your mortgage. Just think how much that will knock off the capital.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #135 on: 02 July 2013, 17:14 »
Ahem....cough, cough.........just paid off my mortgage completely  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #136 on: 02 July 2013, 17:24 »
Ahem....cough, cough.........just paid off my mortgage completely  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You lucky git! Now you just need to decide when to use your new car or your free bus pass  :grin: :grin:

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #137 on: 02 July 2013, 17:26 »

That explains the sheer quantity of your optional extras :wink: Haha
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #138 on: 02 July 2013, 17:34 »

That explains the sheer quantity of your optional extras :wink: Haha

LOL!

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #139 on: 02 July 2013, 18:00 »

It's a great feeling isn't it. :cool:

The trouble is tho', we may move in about 4 years when our youngest finishes primary school, so that will undoubtedly mean borrowing again.  :sad:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.