Author Topic: "Houston we have a problem"  (Read 27943 times)

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
Re: "Houston we have a problem"
« Reply #110 on: 27 June 2013, 21:16 »
No such thing as a GTI hater.

I've not heard of a single GTD in the country yet, monkey's dad's is due soon.
« Last Edit: 27 June 2013, 21:28 by GolfTi »
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #111 on: 27 June 2013, 21:38 »
Ages ago there was a post saying a dealer would have one within a week.  I posted a link to it recently when someone asked.  Not got time to find it again now but was on a thread that was created very recently.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #112 on: 27 June 2013, 22:01 »
I really wouldn't get hung up on weights here  26kg difference? 7kg difference between a manual GTD and a DSG GTI - does DSG box ruin the handling on a GTI because it adds 19kg weight? I think not.

My Dad's GTD is confirmed on a ship to arrive in the UK tomorrow and the dealer is making arrangements to have it picked up from port of Tyne rather than wait for VWUK to have it picked up from the dealership.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #113 on: 27 June 2013, 22:33 »
Our fleet dept had one arrive on Tuesday......it is a sold car but one of the first.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #114 on: 28 June 2013, 06:36 »
I really wouldn't get hung up on weights here  26kg difference? 7kg difference between a manual GTD and a DSG GTI - does DSG box ruin the handling on a GTI because it adds 19kg weight? I think not.

Who's getting hung up on weights (and weight distribution if we are being pedantic)?!  Sorry people, but just the way a diesel delivers its power means it will not drive the same as a GTi.  That's fact, and does not mean the GTD will drive and handle crap...of course it will drive well.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #115 on: 28 June 2013, 06:45 »
Our fleet dept had one arrive on Tuesday......it is a sold car but one of the first.

Can you get some Pics Evo?
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #116 on: 28 June 2013, 08:01 »

Who's getting hung up on weights (and weight distribution if we are being pedantic)?!  Sorry people, but just the way a diesel delivers its power means it will not drive the same as a GTi.  That's fact, and does not mean the GTD will drive and handle crap...of course it will drive well.

gryzor were you not the one who said the gtd would be nose heavy etc etc. all MH is saying is that the weight difference between the cars is negligible and it won't make a difference. your gti is obviously going to be the best and nothing anyone says is right. enjoy your car mate,
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #117 on: 28 June 2013, 09:29 »
Ages ago there was a post saying a dealer would have one within a week.  I posted a link to it recently when someone asked.  Not got time to find it again now but was on a thread that was created very recently.

That was me but I've not heard that my dealer has got it yet so he probably hasn't - should have been with them last weekend.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #118 on: 28 June 2013, 13:43 »
gryzor were you not the one who said the gtd would be nose heavy etc etc. all MH is saying is that the weight difference between the cars is negligible and it won't make a difference. your gti is obviously going to be the best and nothing anyone says is right. enjoy your car mate,

Yes, and you think that constitutes getting "hung up"?!  It's pretty obvious from reading my posts that I think the GTD is a great car, and will obviously drive really well.  However, it will NOT give the same driving experience as a GTI, even if it's just the difference in the colour of the interior trim and sub-lighting giving the driver a different ambience.  Not once have I said the GTI is a better car than the GTD, because they both have their relative pros and cons that will mean more or less to one person compared to another.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #119 on: 28 June 2013, 17:04 »
I often wonder how many people who buy a car based on the "driving experience" could actually tell the difference in dynamics of different cars, if they hadn't read about what the road testers in magazines make up.

Obviously my Golf drives completely differently to the Toyota Yaris that I collected for my Dad today, but when the differences are so miniscule, how many people can honestly pick the bones out of them on the public road?

Just a thought.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.