Author Topic: Alternatives to the New Golf GTi/GTD  (Read 11203 times)

Offline R5MEE

• Not said much yet
Re: Alternatives to the New Golf GTi/GTD
« Reply #20 on: 09 April 2013, 19:56 »
Ive been promised first shout when my brother sells his A class 220 CDI in about 18 months.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 09 April 2013, 21:49 »
I have to admit I don't like the price of any of them. Price to change over £15K, no chance I could buy another mk6 GTD and keep it spare. My GTD is here to stay I think it looks better and does everything I need, it has all the options I wanted.  If I want more performance and a better MPG I will be Carbon Tuning to map it. Rather than take the risk that the mk7s hyper high mpg is actually not achievable, there are some bad reports about the 150TDI and its poor MPG performance. The 0-60 is only 0.3 seconds better too I am sure remap would blow that out of the water. In standard form it has a smaller touch screen too, it looked puny in the one I sat in whilst mine was being MOT'd.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Andy B

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 09 April 2013, 22:39 »
I'm not in a rush to replace the edition 30, but perhaps next year.

With that in mind, I want to see what Audi do with the A3 Sportback when it appears with the 184hp diesel engine - as found in the Mk7 GTD. If it largely does the same job as the GTD but with a bit more boot space, I'll at least consider it too.

Having driven around in the Edition 30 giving me 30-35mpg after driving around Scotland in a Mk7 diesel giving double the mpg, it's real food for thought. It was a bit gutless but 7.5 seconds for the GTD is only a second to 60 shy of the edition 30, and if the A3 does the same, I'll have two 'sensible' alternatives to the GTI next time around.

...or I might hold out for the edition 40  :grin:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #23 on: 09 April 2013, 23:32 »
Unless the car costs you more to "maintain" than it is worth each year, there is nothing sensible about swapping cars Andy B ;)  But, we all need our justifications! :)
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline carotino

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 11 April 2013, 02:27 »
S1 if they'd announce it.

Offline carotino

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 11 April 2013, 03:47 »
And the Leon Cupra.